Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WIP Wednesday: The Distractions Edition

My neverending list of projects I want to knit just seems endless at times. In addition to wanting to tackle some of my UFOs, I'd also like to cast on....

My new Rockin' Sock Club sock.

Another pair of Leyburns.

A pink pair of socks for Valentine's Day. Just because.

love!
Plucky Knitter Aran Cashmere, colorway Doris

A pink cashmere scarf for Valentine's. No one said this list was realistic.

A sweater with my new yarn.

The February Lady Sweater for the STR KAL.

That pretty gathered scarf that I've been seeing everywhere.

Something with my new Plucky Knitter Merino Worsted.

IMG_7032
Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Worsted, color Dormitory

These are just the things I want to cast on today.

But, I'm distracted by the gift-knitting. Or maybe I want to be distracted by the other projects. Anyways, February is birthday month around here. Dad's birthday, my birthday, Rowan's birthday. And as you all know by now, Dad and Rowan are big enablers with the yarn because they like their handknits.

IMG_7053
I, Irishgirlieknits, do solemnly swear to finish Pa's scarf. It was his father's day gift. Last year. Ugh. His birthday is Monday.

IMG_7052
And finish his new pair of Thujas. Dad loves his Thuja STR socks. Seriously. The holes speak for themselves (he really does love his other three pairs!).

IMG_7051
I know I could finish off this second Holidazed sock, but need to finish Dad's first.

IMG_7050
And, in full disclosure, I cast on this cowl a couple weeks ago. I wanted another cowl. I wanted an easy project (you know, to finish up in a day or two...hahaha... if only I wasn't distracted). I wanted to use the yarn Snowboarder gave me.

I really hope to finish one or two of these WIPs soon. I've got a list to get to! Oh, and Rowan's birthday gift (she has been quite specific... fingerless gloves, "cabley", gray, cashmere ... seriously).

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how fast it can pile up, isn't it? You always seem to make such fabulous yarn choices, too. It doesn't help the decision making process when every option is wonderful. Good luck with the gift knitting : )

Mari said...

Hehe!!!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Why can't we knit as fast as we can think up fabulous combinations of patterns and yarn? Not fair!

Knitting Kris said...

Oh my, you sound just like me. But I've found that if you want to get things finished, project monogamy is the best way to go. But it must be hard with all those gorgeous yarns tempting you to knit with them! :)

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, good luck with all of that! How long do your dad's STR socks last? Mine don't seem to be lasting too long and I imagine man-feet would be even worse in the wearing.

cupcakefaerie said...

Your poor dad (and my poor mom--x-mas '07 gift) having to wait so long for the handknits! :)

All the WIPs are lovely. Good luck! You can do it!

peaknits said...

I'm so validated to read that other knitters want to cast in things everyday - not necesaarily finishing anything first:) My mind is always racing ahead to the next project!

Anonymous said...

Ah the temptation to cast on when you really should be finishing... I feel your pain!

Discoknits said...

Wow, that's a LOT of wips! Pa's scarf's gotta be top of the list. Then his socks.

Good luck :0)

sgeddes said...

That is a crazy long list of projects! Now is you just had about 48 hours to knit per day you might get all that done! :)

JelliDonut said...

At last--someone worse than I am! I don't think it's our faults, however. There are just too many yummy yarns and patterns out there. At least knitting burns calories. Anybody ever figure out how many you burn in an hour of knitting?

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with my next 243 projects picked out (and strewn all over my bedroom). I'm pretty sure it's because I'm sick up cleaning up after my kids. It's making me buy yarn too! I told my husband last night he's just lucky I'm addicted to yarn instead of margaritas!

What shall I cast on now? Should we just chuck it and start the STR club socks. Those beads.....

Brena said...

You have the best taste in yarns!

cockeyed said...

...me thinks we need (me included) a 12 step program....

Laura said...

I always do this, too. I'm at the stage where I've cast on for a few projects and am already looking for something else to start!

Neuroknitter said...

So many pretties in one post!! What can I add, but a roaring "me, too"...castonitis is my middle name...too much temptation, not enough will power! Oh well. I'm among friends!!

Rani said...

Looks to me like your gonna have to schedule a nice long vacation here in February so you can sip some drinks and get this knitting under control. It's a matter of your sanity.

cpurl17 said...

If anyone can get through that list, it's you!!

Unknown said...

You can do it! Project monogamy is one good solution. The other one being going all project manager (PM) on yourself. Well, maybe that only works for me 'cause when I try to go PM Leslie, it rarely works. LOL!

Angela said...

Your WIP list looks about like mine. I always have unrealistic goals too. Ha. What pattern are you using for the scarf for your dad? Love it. Very manly.

Zonda said...

Whew girl! Almost as many as me, but you are brave, you tell peeps about them...mine..will never all be shown LOL! Gorgeous yarns and projects!! Sending you swiftlike knitting vibes!

Unknown said...

Oof!! Good luck with all that knitting!!

hearthead said...

My goodness, how many pairs of needles you have? These are all beautiful!

ShareThis