Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tummies and Wallets Beware!

Don't say I didn't warn you! I have been thinking of you all this weekend.

IMG_7005

Especially when I made these last night. I thought, I really should take pictures and put the recipe on the blog.

IMG_7006

They are for our big family Super Bowl party today! I don't really have a choice about bringing these anymore...they are a crowd pleaser!

IMG_7004

I also thought about posting this easy salsa recipe, but no time. But I did think of you all. This salsa is a sure fire way to make Rowan happy!

IMG_7002

And then I thought of Bezzie this morning. I thought she would be proud that I used all the leftover ingredients from the mexican roll-ups and the salsa and made a frittata! Delish! I even used the leftover onion and put it with the hamburger I used for taco meat for taco salads and tacos for the week!

IMG_7017

And this. Well, again. I warned you. This lovely lovely Madelinetosh Tosh Worsted arrived in my mailbox yesterday! A total surprise from a lovely friend!! Thank you!!! So hard to capture this gorgeous color, its a bit darker than this photo, but it is oh, so me! Oh, the color, Terrarium....swoon!! I'll admit to drooling over it when I saw it at Woolgirl. Lucky for you all, I think Woolgirl is updating the shop today with more Tosh Worsted colors!! And while you're there, don't look at the Madelinetosh sweater club. I did. Maybe in my next life when I am a sweater-knitting rockstar!

IMG_7016

So excited that I actually wound a skein of it! With the hopes that I can swatch soon and decide on either this, this, or this....or something else?! I have 1800 yards of this gorgeousness!!!! Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hope you all have a great day!! Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

27 comments:

dianne said...

First comment, I can't believe it! Fabulous yarn you received. If I were you I would do Amused. Looking at your project page on Rav, wicked has a pocket like rogue and leisel and FLS are pretty similar design-wise. I think that Amused is the most different form the other two that you have completed. And for full disclosure, Amused is in my queue too :-)
Woohoogirl

Anonymous said...

the yarn color is soooo beautiful!!! i have been looking for a yarn to do the feb lady sweater. do you think that would work or is it too varigated? i always have trouble figuring out which color to use so any help or advice is so very much appreciated.
mary

Virtuous said...

Gurl food and salsa for the big game!! Perfect evening!

Yeah you gotta post ALL 3 recipes woman! :oD

Have fun 2nite!!

Unknown said...

All that food looks delish! For the project, I'd say knit Amused.

cbknits80 said...

What about that green jeans pattern? That might look good. Fun stuff!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Well, nobody said that you had to post the recipes *today*! Tomorrow is just fine.

I love the yarn, but I'm not sure the three patterns you mentioned are the right ones for the variegated. Maybe Liesl, but the other two look like they need a more solid or semi-solid yarn to really show off the cables. If you've already done FLS, that may be too much a re-run, too.

Swatch! I'd love to see how those colors mix up. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I vote for rogue. But that's mostly because I want to live vicariously.

knittingknirvana said...

Blue and brown is probably my favorite color combination. Oh boy I LOVE this yarn!!!

Zonda said...

Gorgeous yarn! Yes, I want the recipes!!! Hmmm as for the sweater...well if you can't decide, you can send it to me ;) LOL!

Anonymous said...

First of all, your food looks YUMMY!

And second of all... I LOVE that yarn color. I wants it.. in sock yarn. :D

Neuroknitter said...

Yumyumyum!!! I'll wait for recipes in a separate post!!! I love roll-ups! And that frittata looks delish!

That yarn is gorgeous!! Wowie!! What a lovely gift!

Happy almost Monday!

Bezzie said...

Oh freaking delish!!!! And the yarn is purty too!!!

And actually I thought of YOU last night when they'd announce an old ND player playing on one of the super bowl teams...hee hee!

chemgrrl said...

I thought you said you were going to start posting *ugly* yarn. Liar!

That is very much the fabulous. And I like all three sweater patterns. But of all three, I think Amused would look the most smashing on you. Plus it looks fun. Maybe I'll go add it to my queue, while I'm at it...

Beth said...

Oh my goodness!! Please, pretty please with yarn on top, could you post the recipes for that yummy food before I start licking the screen, LOL. ;) My hubby is always looking for a fab salsa recipe to try. And I must say, that yarn is simply DIVINE!!! That colorway is so right up my alley. Have fun knitting it up; can't wait to see the finished product!

JelliDonut said...

I LOVE that yarn! Seriously love it. The site is down for maintenance right now and I want to rip my hair out. Rats!

Brena said...

I love Amused, I think you would look great in it! That yarn is beautiful.

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm so jealous since I missed out on all the Superbowl fun and snacks yesterday. Everything looks so yummy!

I vote for the Rogue pullover.

cpurl17 said...

Yummy looking treats! Do share recipes!

I've been aching for some Madelinetosh yarn ever since the Skein Lane Retreat when I felt Marisol's Feb Lady sweater...soooooooo jealous!!

Unknown said...

Amuse or Rogue. Liesl is too much like Feb Lady, I think?

And yummy food there!

Knitting Kris said...

That food looks yummy indeed!
And the yarn - just gorgeous! I'd like to see a swatch first before picking a pattern to see how the colors knit together.
I just got some oxblood worsted - it's gorgeous!

Discoknits said...

Oh my, what a great gift - beautiful yarn. I like Liesl very much. It IS similar to Feb Lady, but you really like your FLS, so maybe it would be nice to have something similar, just a different colour. It will look so pretty in the spring.

And all that food........hello :0)

weezalana said...

Roll-ups, mmmmmmm...
Squooshy yarn, mmmmmmmm....
Amused sweater, mmmmmmmm.....

Amanda said...

Bee-you-tee-full yarn!

Now, what's in those roll-ups? I haven't made them before, and they look like they may have a lot of cheese....

Rani said...

1. Yum
2. Rogue (and it's free)

Anonymous said...

Rummor has it you're popular and it gets you free stuff! How cool is that! I'm so jealous! I need to come visit and be inspired. :-)

sgeddes said...

That yarn is beautiful! whatever you chose to maike will of course be great. But now you've made me hungry and I want salsa and those roll-ups. I'm hoping for the recipies soon!

hearthead said...

So Yummy and So pretty! What a great friend to give you such beautiful yarn! You are one lucky girl!

ShareThis