Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Balancing

I'll admit.  Balancing on these crutches has created some new obstacles, particularly in the amount of things I can carry.  I've been known to carry way too many bags at one time (e.g., workout bag, knitting bag, purse, groceries, all on one trip in from the car) and that just can't happen with these darn crutches.  I'm being good and limiting myself to my Namaste Backpack and maybe, just maybe one other bag such as my lunch bag or something.

IMG_7788

Of course, that means that when I need both my camera and my current knitting project to catch a photo in the limited sunlight when I get home from work, I don't seem to have them both.  And going upstairs can be daunting at the end of the work day (who knew crutches would tire me out so much).  But today I planned ahead.  I sacrificed the lunch bag for the knitting bag and camera!  Don't worry, I still ate, just didn't bring the bag.  It is amazing what can fit in the Namaste Backpack :)

Birthday Needles

With just a bit of sunlight left when I got home, I took a quick picture of my current project. A new design featuring the lovely new Dreamy yarn by Anzula. It is soooooooo easy to knit with this yarn because it is beyond soft. Dreamy.  A blend of merino, cashmere, and silk.  I think I may need another skein of this next week at Stitches West!

You may also notice those shiny, pointy Signature Needles.  A birthday treat to myself!!  So this project is seriously flying between the yarn and the new needles. 

What do you guys have on your needles this week?  I'd love to hear!

Happy knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

5 comments:

dianne said...

The balancing sure can be an challenge! DS2 had ankle surgery during Xmas break and was non weight bearing for 4 weeks. He had to move into a new apartment after week 2 to begin session 2 of his Co-op, 2000 miles from home! Good thing he has some great friends who were willing to help him!

Enjoy the new needles, that is a nice birthday treat! I am trying to finish a sweater this week, but I'm needing a break from it, so I'm probably going to CO my Blathnat sock #2 today or tomorrow.

Liette said...

I'm working on my Autumn Leaves double knit mitts. First time trying to knit doubleknit, and I think I just may be in love. I've tried doing stranded colour work before, but always ended up with a mess. Seems that I've found a way that works for me (for now!).
Hope you have a lovely weekend down there!

Renee Anne said...

I never did well with crutches because of the incredible pressure put on my wrists and I can't handle my wrists not working, too. So, when crutches were suggested when I was younger, I hobbled along and probably prolonged my injury...oops.

That aside, I've been working on my Honey Badger socks. I'm to the leg of the first sock but before I go working on it, I'm going to switch them to long circulars to see if they actually fit and go over my foot. If they don't, I'm going to have to search out my US #1.5 DPNs. I think it'll be fine...we'll see. I never do gauge swatches so that might play into everything...

Oh, and I have a couple of other things going...test knitting project and another pair of socks and some other things :)

gMarie said...

So glad you are learning balance and moving a bit better. Love the new project - and needles. Enjoy! g

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

And when you figure out the crutches, you won't need them any more!

I'm knitting the Leif Slipover from IK Winter, on size 15 needles. These are big needles!

ShareThis