Thursday, February 23, 2012

Time for Stitches Fun!

I can't believe Stitches is here! I look forward to this event every year since it is right in my own backyard!  I'm not going to let these crutches stop me from having fun!  As always, you'll find me hanging out in the Blue Moon booth.  But I'll also be having a special Meet & Greet at Knitted Wit's booth on Friday (see info below).  

I've made a mental list of potential yarns I'm looking forward to seeing too!  My shopping list is below as well!


Santa Clara Convention Center, CA

Come by and say hi at the Irish Girlie Knits Meet & Greet!!
Where: Knitted Wits Booth #1041
When: Friday, Feb. 24 12-1pm

There will be candy and buttons so please stop by and say hi!  


Lorajean, the dyer behind Knitted Wit, has fabulous yarns and colorways!  She also carries all of my Irish Girlie Knits designs AND you can sign up for her new yarn club, Among Friends, for which I will be designing for!
 
 My patterns can also be found at the following retailers at Stitches:

Miss Babs Booth #826, 925
Kollage Yarns Booth #620, 622, 624
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Booth #522, 621
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
My mental shopping list....
 
1) A Verb For Keeping Warm- one of my favorite LYS and I just wish Kristine's lovely store was a bit closer.  She's been posting some gorgeous colors and I can't wait to see them!  I'll also be picking up a copy of Ysolda's new Whimsical Little Knits 3 book and probably a shawl pin from Romi.

2) Cocoknits- I met Julie at TNNA and fell in love with her knitted necklaces.  I'm picking up the pattern for me and Disco while I'm here!

3) Fickleknitter Designs- Michelle's designs just inspire! And she has been so supportive to me as I try to navigate my way in this designing world.  I don't think I'll be able to resist her Ballerina Shawl, out of Knitted Wit's yarn!  I'm so thrilled that Michelle will also be designing for the Among Friends Club.  I really feel among friends :)

4) Sock yarn.  I know I have a problem.  You know I have a problem.  I have a hard time resisting it all online.  In person.  Where I can touch it.  WHere the gorgeous colors leap out at me.  I am weak.  It is my birthday month.  Here's some that I am really, really looking forward to:


So what's on your list??

Happy Stitches!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

Discoknits said...

I have pink eye and 2nd cold in a week! It's best I'm not there. Sob,cry,sob,snortle! Hug everyone for me xoxo Especially Lew ;0)

dianne said...

You don't have a sock yarn problem, you're an "Enthusiastic Collector". Well...., that's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it! Have a fun weekend!!

Neuroknitter said...

Wish I were there!! Hugs and greetings to everyone!!

If I were going, I would empty out the Becoming Art booth...Agave fingering is my new BFF!!! :)

Happy weekend!! Happy Stitches!!! xoxo

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Have a great time! Wish I could be there, too.

Zonda said...

Have fun!

Marcy said...

It was very fun to meet you Friday at the Knitted Wit booth. It was the highlight of my market day! The pattern I'm using for the Polworth and Silk DK is the Rivel Cardigan. THere are so many cute patterns to try! Can't wait to start on the turquoise--thanks for helping pick out the color!

ShareThis