Monday, February 6, 2012

TNNA Recap

A few weeks ago I went to TNNA, The National NeedleArts Association, Tradeshow in Phoenix, Arizona.  I had such an awesome, inspiring time seeing friends, meeting new people, and let's not forget all the yarn!  Here's a quick rundown of my trip.

First, Sample It!  On Friday evening, yarn store owners are able to purchase at wholesale prices special items from some of the vendors.  I helped Erica at the Kollage Yarns Booth, where they were selling kits featuring their Riveting Yarn and the My Kind of Saturday and Bonnie Jean Scarf patterns.


IMAG0751

I was good and didn't succumb to the call of the pretty yarn. BUT, knowing my knee surgery was coming up, I used that as a reason to get the new Namaste Boardwalk Backpack!  And it sure has come in handy while walking around on crutches the past two weeks (side note: looks like it is going to be another 1-2 weeks at least on these crutches, so I'm really! glad I bought the bag).

IMG_7766

I bought the eggplant one.  Sherri at The Loopy Ewe has a bunch still in stock!

The rest of the weekend I was in the Deep South Fibers Booth, as they distribute my IGK patterns to retailers!!  I'll admit, I was a bit nervous, with this being my first TNNA where I was really hoping to get my designs out there to shop owners.  But Donna and Linda from Deep South Fibers were so incredibly welcoming!

IMG_7748

Here are my designs on display, right between two amazing designers, Tot Toppers and Ysolda.  Deep South represents a wide range of talented designers and the booth looked fantastic.  CocoKnits had all of her new sweaters and also these cute little nests and necklaces.

IMG_7749

The necklaces would make such great gifts too. I'm definitely picking up this pattern from Julie's booth at Stitches West.

Here is Grace Akhrem's designs.  Grace is another designer with Deep South and she is a riot!

IMG_7745

So sweet, but sassy!  She convinced lots of us to strike a mustache pose.  Check everyone out here.

Coco Knits & Irish Girlie Knits(1)

IMG_7746

Anne from Crafty Diversions has such lovely work. She is beyond nice and such a talented designer.  It was so nice to finally catch up a bit with her and soak up all of her design experience!  Thanks Anne!

IMAG0752
Ysolda was also in the Deep South booth signing copies of her new book, Whimsical Little Knits 3.  Another winner!

Fickle Knitter
I met Michelle of Fickle Knitter Design at last year's TNNA and it was so nice to see her again.  She continues to inspire me with her amazing shawl designs!!  Check-out her recap of TNNA here.  I'm excited to be teaming up with her for a project with Knitted Wit and Sincere Sheep....more to come soon, but here's the info.

IMAG0753
Let's not forget the yarn!!  I fell in love with Zen Yarn Garden's new colors!

Dreamy

And this Dreamy skein of Anzula Yarns has already been swatched and I'm ready to cast on my new design!

One last surprise.  I also did my first interview as a designer!  FiberStory TV did an amazing job interviewing a number of vendors, designers, yarnies, etc., at TNNA.  I'm featured here, in the Part 2 update (watch for me at the 16:00 minute mark).  Crazy nervous fun! 

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

Audry said...

What a wonderful experience to have! Your designs look right at home in the Deep South booth.

Discoknits said...

Now, that looks like a great time :0) I heart the dangly plants at CocoKnits.

Zonda said...

Finally!!! Pictures of what I couldn't see ;) How exciting for you! I love how you put the Baby Francis hat on that stand with the socks below. Your wee display looked great. Wishing you the best success!! hugs!

Thea said...

Sounds fun! I'm planning my first TNNA this summer in June. Not sure what to expect, but I am looking fwd to seeing all the yarns and the people :-)

dianne said...

I've always thought that events like TNNA would be fabulous fun! I'm so happy that you had a great experience.

Caffeine Girl said...

Thanks for taking us along. It looks like a lot of fun, but by taking the virtual trip I've saved a lot of money!

Looking forward to your upcoming projects.

Grace Akhrem said...

Fun pictures!

ShareThis