Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Socktoberfest!

I can't believe the first week of Soctober, I mean October, has already flown by!  One of my favorite months, filled with football, pumpkin bread,  pumpkin patches, fall leaves, and that chill in the air.  And sock knitting.  Well, usually it is filled with sock knitting for Socktoberfest, a month long celebration of knitting socks.  But my needles have been filled with hats, gloves, and not socks.   I plan to change that these next few weeks hopefully.

First up, I need to finish my honey badger socks.  Especially since there are two Honey Badger KALs going on, one in the Socks that Rawk group and one in the Irish Girlie Knits group.  Come join us!!

I did accomplish one sock related thing though. Slowly, but surely, I'm reformatting my older patterns and I'm so excited that three!!!  of them have been reformatted and are ready to share.  A very special thank you to Jill for helping me get these ready.  She does all the pattern formatting for me, so I'm trying to keep her busy before her baby arrives!

New Pattern Covers

Cotty, Winnie, and Uncle Frank have all been reformatted.  Cotty even has charts now! And to celebrate Socktoberfest, from now until Oct. 15, these three patterns are on sale for $4.50 (they'll be $6 after Oct. 15).  


I've also celebrated Socktoberfest with a bit of stash enhancement. A few weeks ago, Sheri at The Loopy Ewe had posted that she had just added Alisha Goes Around yarn to the store.  I've been coveting this yarn since TNNA in June, where it seemed like everyone was talking about it and her colors were so vibrant and stunning!  I waited a few days and finally bit the bullet.  Look at this beauty!

Pretty Pretty

Last week Sheri blogged about her Summer Wind knit out of Alisha Goes Around's yarn....go check out how pretty it is!!  Which also has me itching to finish my third Summer Wind (it is knit with sock yarn afterall)!

Oh, and you don't think I let my skein of Alisha Goes Around arrive alone, did you?  Another yarn I've been dying to try is Studio June's Super Cash Sock.  Her yarns are so pretty it was hard to narrow the choice down to just one.  Trust me, Violet Navy, Pansy Purple, Frosty Night, and Shallow Water were all calling my name, but I chose Burgundy Raisin.

Rum Raisin

Have any of you stocked up for Socktoberfest?  Or are you waiting to make those purchases at Rhinebeck?  Someday I hope to go to Rhinebeck, but this year, my patterns are going! They'll be in Miss Babs booth!!

I just realized that I haven't told you guys some exciting news!  I know I've told you about my favorite not-LYS, Twisted, in Portland, right?


I'm thrilled that they will now be carrying all of my Irish Girlie Knits Designs patterns!  I heart this store so much, I just can't wait til the next time I go to Portland to see my patterns there :)  It makes sense, since they carry some of my absolutely favorite yarns which I have designed with such as BMFA Socks that Rock, Plucky Knitter Primo, Kollage Yarns Sock-a-licious, to name just a few!  You can even shop their online store too, and if you need to purchase a pattern or two to get you to the free shipping, here is my pattern page.  They even have some Plucky Knitter Primo in stock right now!

Although there wasn't any sock knitting happening this weekend, I had lots of fun with lil' guy (seriously love being Auntie IGK....he makes me so happy!!) and lil' snowboarder.  Check them out...

Boo

cutie

So much fun that now I'm exhausted.  I feel a bit like the doggies did earlier today.....

IMG_7312

Night, night.  Here's to a fabulous week ahead!!

Happy Socktoberfest!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

P.S. Don't forget that Comfort Food is on sale through Oct. 11!

2 comments:

dianne said...

I love lil snowbaorder's expression while she's posing in the ghost! I'm guessing she doesn't lack in personality and that she makes you laugh every day.

Enjoy the new yarn! I'm curious to hear what you think of the Studio June.

Anonymous said...

Happy that your patterns are now carried at Twisted, can't wait for you to visit either :) Perhaps a trunk show is in order?

ShareThis