Friday, March 7, 2014

Let the good times roll!

Although I wasn't in New Orleans this week celebrating Mardi Gras, it was nice to get out of the house a couple evenings to hang out with friends. Nice to be getting back to some routine :)

Knit nite on Tuesday.....

image

Of course, I don't think I actually knit a lot at knit nite this week. But that's not the point, right? Beer, friends, laughter, maybe some knitting...my kind of evening.

Then Thursday night a few of us drove up to the city to hear the Yarn Harlot's reading from her new book,


This is one you'll be able to share with everyone in your life, not just knitters. I loved the two essays she shared at the reading....another great book Steph! Congrats!

image

It was nice to see so many bay area knitters come out to support her and so nice to catch up with knitting friends I don't see enough.

image

Before the book signing, we had an amazing dinner at Brenda's. I can't wait to go back. It was that good.So good.

image

Crawfish Beignets were sooooo good. Amazing.

image

The shrimp and grits were yummy too. So rich though.

image

Beignets! I'm so glad the three of us ordered a bit of everything and shared, allowing us to try a bit of everything.

image

I'm ready to go back just for the cafe au lait. I took a photo of the brand....yes, ordering some online this weekend if I can't find it at my local gourmet grocery store (doubt it, but worth a try).

A perfectly lovely week! Hope yours was good too.

Happy Weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, happy your back blogging more! I enjoy your blog. Also, must mean your feeling better which is great!


Theresa in MI

ShareThis