Wednesday, September 5, 2007

WIP: The Rockin' Edition

First, thank you Zonda for nominating me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger! I was so flattered to be nominated, especially by you!!

In turn, I'd like to nomimate a few bloggers that I love!
Discoknits - She sure can knit some FOs!! That alone amazes and motivates me at the same time! And she is always using such gorgeous yarns. If you are doing the TKGA Master Knitting Program, last month she started a few posts discussing her feedback from them too. Okay, and really, those two cutie boys of hers always make me smile!!
Stilaholic Nartian- Zonda nominated me partially because of my love for all things BMFA. Well, that's how I found Stilaholic's blog and why I love it. She has such drool-worthy, stunning projects and stash! She and Zonda......enablers the both of them! I'd nominate tapmouse too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Stilaholic will!!!
So here is what is Rockin' lately in my project bag. Another Scarf that Rocks! aka the Chevron Scarf.



I wanted one to go with my fall wardrobe. I'm using Harlotty and January One, both in STR lightweight. I LOVE this combination. Talk about two Rockin' Girl Bloggers...their colorways make a nice combination, don't you think?

I'm ready to start the heel on the Starry Night Sock. I'll admit, this sock suffered a bit during Saturday's football game. Put it away at halftime to see if it would help the Irish turn it around.... it didn't (our household has some superstitions when it comes to wins and losses....however, I have a feeling it might be a long season).

A slightly bigger version of the Baby Hat that Rocks just in case the itty bitty one is too little for Little Guy.


And then we have Tuscany. In BMFA Posh yarn. I love this pattern, but I almost need to decide to only work on it exclusively for a bit if I'm going to make some serious headway. Maybe I should take a Turtlegirl approach to this (she soooo Rocks! She can whip out those projects like nobodies business!). This is actually quite a bit of progress considering I only worked on it on our NYC trip. It was the main project I worked on there and I felt like that helped. Easy pattern to memorize (of course, that was a few weeks ago, so now I'll have to get the swing of it again). I love the drape of the yarn and pattern together though.


And in sad news, Tomato has not been touched. In over six weeks!! Hopefully my sweater mojo will come back soon. Focus power!

Have a great week!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

Destash Flickr set.....you know you want some.....hehehehe

10 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

6 weeks? That's a crime. Finish it ASAP so you can wear it a time or two before winter hits. Sheesh.

Lovein' Tuscany though! Project monogamy is cool, yo.

Anonymous said...

All those WIPs look great! Keep on truckin'. I find that I get back to something when the time is right. I'm working hard to stop putting on the knitting pressure! Good luck!

Cherie B. said...

Um, what about the girl who encouraged you to blog in the first place?! (I'm trying not to be bitter.) Maybe you should knit me something to take away the pain...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being nominated! The chevron colors are so pretty together!

Discoknits said...

Aaaw, shucks. Thanks for nominating me Carrie. That's really sweet of you. Blush, blush.

As far as the WIPs go, I say knit Little Man's hat first (don't want to be giving it to him in Spring now, do you?), then finish the shawl. Go with monogamy :-)

cpurl17 said...

I love your blog! You do Rock.

Turtlegirl's comment cracks me up..shhh we won't tell her that you can probably wear that sweater 365 days a year out here in Cali!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! That was so nice of ou. I think you enable me just as much on the STR front as I do you. ;)

Love your Tuscany-in-progress and I think it'll be awesome when it's done.

tapmouse said...

I love the Starry Night socks! Gorgeous! Even has some of that yellow mixed in that I think are so not my palette, but mix it with other colors I like and it becomes something different altogether! And yeah, I DO want some! You are NOT supposed to destash stuff I want-just the icky stuff! Dontcha know?!

The scarf and the Harlotty/January One combo works great! I wish I could focus and get the scarves I started for myself done! (The long-ago scarves I one started oh so long ago...)

Lisa said...

My Tomato is on a time out. I have it half done and then something else caught my attention. I was wanting it done before it got to cold, oh well.

Jessica said...

Go you. Rockin chick blogger fo sho! ;P

I love your chevron scarf. The colors are very fally. :)

ShareThis