Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Barn Sale

Obviously, we took this picture after we made our purchases.

Happy happy girl. Oh, and that gorgeous skein of Icelandic on top of the
pile, in the Harlotty colorway, well, Snowboarder has already claimed that.
Rowan is on the phone asking how bad the damage is.


Christy watched over "our" pile while I shopped. Tina sat right across from her too, smiling away! Christy picked out half that pile too! Oh, and Christy wants me to stop calling it "our" pile since she technically has nothing to do with this addiction.
But note that fabulous tote bag she made me to match the sock bag Zonda made me!
You can get one here!

If only Tina let me take this color-genius basket home. But at least I was able to see them up close and personal. Gorgeous.

More ravens.

Wanted to stay and chat with Tina more, but ummmm...

Christy's husband had a Disco birthday party planned! Look at his attention to detail above!!

The Mudd Puddles were quite good :)

And of course, there were cupcakes.

xoxox Irishgirlieknits

ETA: Dad, remember, I was buying for 8 other people too!! Not all of that is mine :) Most, but not all!

18 comments:

Stacey said...

So very jealous! Why did I move away from Oregon? :)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That's a very large stash enhancement. It actually took my breath away! Good for you and congrats on a nice haul!

Yvonne said...

That is some serious stash enhancement. Some of us only dream of stash shopping like that :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh. My. God.

Jealous.

Bezzie said...

oh.my.god! Wow. Wow. I'm speechless!

Discoknits said...

AWESOME! I hope you feel sated now. Well, at least for a little while.

The Raven colours don't look so 'black' in your pics. Maybe I'll take another look at them :-) They look quite pretty (in a dark way, of course).

And I loves me some shooters, ocifer :o) :o)

kasiaiscarly said...

Holy Crap!

Unknown said...

Am I the only one blowing up the Raven pics trying to read the names on the labels? Heh, probably.

Love your haul. I assume you'll tell us the damage later, but it all looks uber divine.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sorry Stila. Tina only had the numbers written on the pics. No names :(

cpurl17 said...

So you're pulling the "I bought for other people" ploy on Dad eh?

(I'm just jealous)

sgeddes said...

Jaw drop open and hits my desk....


Wow! That is some pile of yarn. Lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Swoon! OMG- That's amazing!

tapmouse said...

ACK! OMG!!! How awesome! You did good, Girl! And the big bonus is the Ravens shown for us-and yes, I blew it up trying to see the names, as well! What was Tina thinking NOT putting names on the skeins? She must realize we would want to know! What an awesome haul!

Zonda said...

Holy Cow! That's some yarn there! It must have been hard to choose what stayed though! ;)

Neuroknitter said...

Great pics!!! I've tried that "it's not just for me" ploy, too...I hope it works better for you :)

Lisa said...

Oh so jealous of your stash enhancement! Can't wait for the Raven to come either!

Anonymous said...

WOW What a great friend to guard your yarn from all the other yarnaholics! Yes, she did spend several hours pouring over the stash, painfully deciding which ones to give away. We did good!

Anonymous said...

Oohhhh envy! I so wanted to go.

ShareThis