Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Quick Destash Drive-By

A quick hi from Portland! Me and my "extra" bag of yarn fly home tomorrow! Christy and I had a blast at the Destash yesterday! Although there weren't any rare gems (my favorite), everything was on sale (mostly mill end sock yarns!). Lucky for me Christy was with me because it all went fast (we got there at 10:10 and I would say most of the sock yarn was cleaned out by 10:40). Christy and I just reached for pretty colors and then tried to put a few back from our big pile (tough when you are buying for other people, but it is STR and all the colors are pretty).

Lots of pictures tomorrow night (including some of the Ravens that Tina showed us after!!), but to hold you over, here are Neuroknitter's pictures! She was behind us in line. I met her at Twisted on my last trip (love her blog and didn't realize that that was who she was when we met before). Oh, and note, on her blog post, the big pile of yarn, ummmm.... that's ours. Christy was fabulous standing watch over it as I tried to figure out what to get or not get. I don't do well under pressure when it comes to pretty yarn. I think we did pretty well though. Luckily I destashed all that yarn beforehand to make room (and pay the credit card..phew!).

It's been a rockin' weekend!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

5 comments:

Wool Girl said...

I'm so bummed that I didn't get to meet you, as I was there with Neuroknitter! :) Looks like you got some gorgeous yarn!

Neuroknitter said...

Hi IrishgirlieKnits! I can't wait to see the pictures of what you ended up with!!! (Hi WG!!) :)

Zonda said...

Sounds like it was fun and a mad dash!

Yvonne said...

Oh my!!

Discoknits said...

That whole deliberation table was YOURS? My eyes are popping. Popping, I say. And look at all the gorgeous colours you had to choose from.

I think I'm gonna faint........

ShareThis