Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving yesterday! We are still celebrating here. Yesterday, my sister, Dad, and I spent the day at my Aunt and Uncle's house celebrating with my cousins and their kids. Dinner was delicious and so relaxing to not have to cook.

Today, we did a mini-Thanksgiving with my brother, SIL, Little Guy, sis, Dad, puppies and me. My brother and SIL are down in the Bay Area for the rest of the weekend to go to the Notre Dame-Stanford Football game with us tomorrow so we celebrated Turkey dinner tonight. In addition to our traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green bean casserole, I made one of my favorite salads:
Goat Cheese, Cranberries, Candied Pecans, Apples, and Balsamic Vinagrette

And Rowan requested a new stuffing recipe.



(this was probably the favorite of the meal by everyone!)
Our Blogstalking assignment this week is what we are thankful for. I have to say I am very blessed to have a wonderful family and for that I am thankful. And this year, we are especially blessed to have Little Guy join our family!


Little Guy loves his roller coaster rides from daddy

I'm also thankful for my friends :) And this year includes all of my new knitty friends, two of whom I finally got to meet this morning at Purlescence's Pajama Jammie Jam (yarn 30% off if you arrive at 6am...I'm there!). It was great to finally meet you Leslie and Celia (whose monkeys are super cute, even at 6am!)! Cpurl, hopefully soon...soon!

Some FOs pictures to come soon... holiday knitting here we come!!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! What did you score at Purlesence??

Have fun at the Game tomorrow! Go Irish!

Discoknits said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ms Carrie

Enjoy the Irish. We will be watching UVA v VTech. Go UVA!!!!!

tapmouse said...

Man, that stuffing looks awesome! The salad looked yummy, too, but I am such a stuffing Queen that, well...the stuffing grabbed me more!-lol!

It was so great seeing you at the sale-and debating whether you should get the yarn on your list or not! Sorry I wasn't very good at enabling you on that one, but I think it was too early in the morning for me to be as naughty as I like-and yet, the rational side of my brain was working really well cuz the STR wasn't the only thing I talked myself out of!

You scored up some great stuff and I'm pretty happy with my bounty!

Unknown said...

What an awesome Thanksgiving feast! Love the salad & stuffing.

It was so great meeting you at the sale. I think we all did pretty well considering it was 6 am in the morning. And thanks so much for the Sock Candy!

Zonda said...

Gosh that all looks so good!! What a cutie hanging out with Daddy! Have a super weekend, sounds like you already are! Yikes..buying yarn at 6am..hehe..I probably would have got home and it all would have been yellow!! LOL!

Bezzie said...

Apple BACON cornbread stuffing! Mmmm..I might have to try that. We use sausage.

Good luck ND! My Rams have finally won 3 games this season. It's so sad how happy that makes me feel.

Unknown said...

That salad looks great.

I'm so glad you all made a great showing at Purlescence. I can't wait to drool over your haul.

ShareThis