Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tahoe Family Weekend

Rowan and I are having a fabulous weekend in Lake Tahoe with Little Guy and his mom and dad (aka my SIL and brother). We aunties got to do some babysitting this afternoon and took Little Guy for a walk in the woods. The weather is perfectly crisp, fall weather here.




Seriously, this little one just makes me smile. He is so cute and such a sweetie and loves to play with his aunties! Love him to bits!!


I also finished Rowan's Spindle Socks this morning. You can't tell from these pictures, but she is pretty happy too!







Rowan bought this orange, 100% cashmere yarn ($15 a skein, great price) at School Products in New York. The yarn softens a lot once soaked/washed (we tried the first sock when I finished knitting it). However, it feels a bit like cotton knitting it, so it was a bit hard on the hands. The socks required about 2 1/2 skeins. Loved this pattern and would definately knit it again.

That concludes my Socktoberfest knitting! Two and a half pairs, three if I had had a few days extra (heck, whose counting!). Not bad considering last year I cast on two socks and didn't finish them for months!

Up next, holiday knitting. Hopefully not so much as in years past. I'm really trying to focus on a few things for my family and close friends and I also have some birthday gifts and baby gifts to work on. And I'm hoping to get to some of my UFO's or WIP's because I don't want to have too many as we start the new year. I started one gift already. A pair of socks. Boondock Saint (smartass brother) says tonight, "Isn't Socktoberfest over though?" (note: we don't sit around discussing the blog until he says stuff like this. I think he's just trying to show me that I have a dedicated reader!).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Bezzie said...

Well do you blame him? He's got some cool aunties. Sorry about the you know who losing to you know who. I'm all about the underdog, but I also know what's it's like when your team is having a horrible season.

Nice socks!! Someday I'll check out School Products!

Batty said...

He is such a cutie, and the socks are awesome! I love the bright orange. And cashmere... mmmmmh, cashmere. It doesn't get any warmer than that!

cpurl17 said...

Little Guy is smiling because he has such a stylin' hat. And you can tell Rowan loves her socks by the happy feet poses!

Zonda said...

He is just the cutiest and looks awesome in his Auntie's handknits! Love the orange socks! Nice job!

Discoknits said...

Aaaaaw, we both spent the weekend with our new nephews. Cool aren't they?! :-)

Rowan's socks are gorgeous. My favourite colour is orange, and they look great. :-)

tapmouse said...

Little Guy is stinkin' cute, which is why it is no wonder his aunties are so enamoured with him! BTW, I just saw the new BMFA add in my current IK and thought the baby shown in the BSJ looked like Little Guy!

Anonymous said...

That face would make anyone smile! Pretty pretty sock!

Unknown said...

Agree w/tapmouse. I thought of Little Guy when I saw the BMFA BSJ ad. He is so stinkin' cute!

Love the finished orange pair. I bet it's scrumptious on.

Anonymous said...

Love the orange and love the pattern. Both merged into some very awesome socks.

ShareThis