Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy 1st Blogiversary!!

Mosaic that Rocks!

Knits that Rock 2007

Happy 1st Blogiversary! What a year it has been, lots of highs and a few lows. The best part would be my family and friends, and that includes so many of you that I have gotten to know this past year! Thank you so much for reading the blog and being a part of my life! And thank you to all my non-knitting family and friends who read the blog too- I love that it has given us another way to keep up with each other a bit.

I love that Rowan wanted to post some of her finished objects. She definately got the knitting bug back on one of our trips this year. Oh, and she has quite a stash. Let's face it, she's been to yarn stores all over the country with me. She usually finds souvenir yarn too. If you haven't read her post yet, make sure to and give her some comment love!

Now on to the fun! At least two more skeins of Socks that Rock, mill ends from the Barn Sale need happy homes. We've got two fun contests for you.

1st contest: Easy, peasy. Just leave a comment on this post by 5pm (pacific time), Monday, December 3rd. Random number generator will help out with this one :)

2nd contest (closed now): First person to answer all of these questions correctly in the comments wins!

Congrats Kasiaiscarly!! Those "random memory bits" were correct! And Marilyn was a very close second!!

a) On this blog, who comments and is referred to as, "Boondock Saint"? my brother (he picked his name from Ireland...didn't email any of his family when he was in Ireland, but he did post a comment to the blog! Love it!!)

b) Name one place I have been to for vacation this year, other than Oregon (sorry the Barn Sale makes this too easy). Lots. Lake Tahoe, New York City, New Orleans.

c) If I were knitting a sweater out of Socks that Rock, what would I name it? Sweater that Rocks

d) What online knitting store, other than Blue Moon Fiber Arts, do I just LOVE? Woolgirl (I often say it was Zonda's fault, but really I'm so glad she introduced me to Jen's fabulous store)

In the meantime, back to knitting Christmas presents (socks, socks, socks, and ornaments!).

Happy Blogiversary!! Thank you!!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

47 comments:

Zonda said...

Yay! I'm the first comment!! Happy Blogiversary!! Oh gosh!!
a) no clue..sorry
b)Lake Tahoe
c)Sweater that Rocks
d) hehe...um..my fault for this one! Woolgirl!

hugs!!

kasiaiscarly said...

a) Lil' Guy's dad. . . aka your bro :)
b) Tahoe (so jealous)
c) Sweater that Rocks
d) I do believe you are a "Wooly Woolgirl Frequent Shopper" :)

kasiaiscarly said...

I got all caught up in my random memory bits serving an actual purpose, I forgot to say Happy Blogiversary! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie!

Here are my guesses:
a) your brother
b) New York City
c) Sweater that Rocks
d) Woolgirl

cpurl17 said...

Happy Blogiversary! A year of fabulous knitting!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay Carly!! You got them right!!! Congrats!!!

Marilyn is a very close second (I'm pretty sure we'll be able to find a little something something for you too!!).

Thanks everyone!!

kasiaiscarly said...

Holy Cow! 4 minutes? If only WS hadn't let me out early I would have missed it :) And can I just say how excited I am, being a STR virgin??? :)

Turtle said...

Congrats on your blogiversary! I lurk through your site but would not be able to answer the q's with any justice! Sadly my brain is high on flu med's ay the moment! But enjoy, your posts are always fun to read!

Elaine said...

I'm in for the just luck contest - happy blogiversary!

yarn4kalei said...

Happy Blogiversary! Please count me in on the random luck contest. :0)

ikkinlala said...

Happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Yay...second place but not too shabby! I only discovered your blog through Ravelry a couple of weeks ago but I'm so glad I did. You have great content and wonderful photos (knitting, babies, and doggies!). Thanks for sharing your world with us!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!! Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Rockin' Blogiversary!

So glad we met.

Scrabblequeen said...

Love your blogiversary photo montage. I hope I'm random enough for your number generator!

berlinBat said...

Happy Blogiversary!! Hope your next blogging year will be even better, if possible ;)

Discoknits said...

Happy Blogiversary Irishgirlie :-)

Your photo montage is awesome - you really have made a LOT of gorgeous things this year :-)

MMM

Yvonne said...

Happy blogiversary! You're going to have to make your questions harder next time :)

Sandykins57 said...

Happy Blogiversary! Love your projects! You sent me the Malabrigo, right? I'm knitting Foliage out of it right now. It's yummy. I may even have enough left for fingerless gloves. I'm going to try, anyway!

Monet said...

Congrats on 1 year! I'm a Woolgirl convert as well...love Jen's store, and I'm also hooked on Socks that Rock - 2007 STR Club and also signed up for 2008...

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I'd love to enter your random chance contest.

Bezzie said...

Ok, well I'm out of the running here--so don't put my name in the random drawing--how tacky would that be?

But I certainly am not so tacky as to NOT wish you a happy bloggoversary!

turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Blogiversary! (I forgot mine this year. Ah well.)

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year Blog!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary - love your FO's.

I'm a lurker, but missed the second contest which was first, afterall, so maybe I'll win this one!

Anonymous said...

happy blogging in he year to come and rowan too!!
happy knitting,
knittinggolfer on ravelry and rsc

TopHat said...

Oh I missed the second contest; I hope I can do the random number generator one! Happy Blogiversary!

PixieRose said...

Happy Blogiversary! Hitting the 1 year mark is awesome.

~Jessica

Emily said...

Congratulations on the Blogiversary! Trivia contest was a great idea.

Angela said...

Happy Blogiversary! Found your blog by accident and love it!

Krystal said...

Happy Blogiversary! Wow... people will do just about anything for str, won't we? :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogiversary.

All your projects look great!

Tami said...

Happy Blogiversary! I got sent your blog by a friend the other day and I have loved reading it:)

GirlyWithATwist said...

Happy blogversary!!!

Lisa said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your FO's all look fantastic!!

Dipsy Doodle said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I absolutely love your projects!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love your knits!

purple-power said...

Happy 1st and many more! Love your projects.

Becca said...

Happy Blogiversary! Keep up the good work.

Becca
http://www.forwardmotion.typepad.com/becca

LotusKnits said...

Happy First Blogiversary!

MamaMay said...

Ok I am commenting to get in the contest. Weill I win? Who knows!

I can't seem to comment! What in the world!?

sgeddes said...

Congratualtions. The picture shows you had a very productive year!

I'm goign to have to dig up the date for mine now..

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Woolgirl! Isn't Jen great? I shop there WAY too much! Happy Blogiversay! :)

Anonymous said...

happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Oooh - there are an awful lot of submissions, but maybe I'll be lucky so here's an entry and here's to a happy blogiversary!

tiennieknits said...

Happy Happy Blogiversary!

Lauren said...

Happy 1 year! Looking forward to more...

ShareThis