Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Woolgirl Christmas

Rowan and Dad had fun shopping at Woolgirl for some of my Christmas gifts! The best part was they didn't need to wrap them since Jen at Woolgirl does the best job (all the yarn was wrapped with little extras thrown in like hot chocolate or Soak soap)! I loved everything! Oh, and I have to say, Rowan did a great job with extras too. She also bought me two patterns and the cutest stitch markers from Woolgirl!

l to r: Hazel Knits fingering, color Hometown Football; Miss Babs Yummy Sport, color Bronze Plum; Dashing Dachs 55% Mohair 45% Merino color Carmel Apple and Pumpkins


This might be one of my favorites. So sproingy and soft. And I love the colors. Plus, 90% merino and 10% nylon! Still can't beleive the soft!

Gee, which color do you think Rowan picked for herself? hehehe. Surprising how her colors are growing on me too.


And the Woolgirl fun started on Christmas Eve when my prize arrived!!! I won a contest on her blog and my prize was this perfect yarn by The Unique Sheep....in the Rudolph colorway! There were lots of other goodies too!! Thanks Jen!

We hosted Christmas at our house this year, so Rowan was able to use her gorgeous Rudolph dishes.

Now that the 15 ornaments are knit (crazy!) (well, not Rowan's HP sweater ornament...it'll be done soon...I promise), I cast on a pair of socks for me! I couldn't resist this month's Woolgirl sock club yarn and pattern! I just started today! I also plan to try to get back to some of my UFOs......first up, my Chevron Scarf.

I still have another FO to show, but as Turtlegirl says, each FO is worthy of their own post...so pictures tomorrow!

Happy Knitting!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Lucky girl, your family must really love you to give you such wooly and wonderful Christmas goodness. I love the Rudolph yarn on the Rudoph plate...nice touch.

cpurl17 said...

Lovely gifts!!

I loved the Rudolph too!

kasiaiscarly said...

oooh.. .. that bronze plum is georgous!! and nice pottery barn plates, rowan :) every time is see those, i want to buy them!

Bezzie said...

Wow! No way would my family ever shop for yarn for me (even though I'd probably weep if it was a skein of red heart they got!)

Zonda said...

I was so happy for you winning the Rudolph!! Gorgeous yarns there! I'm so glad you trained Rowan right LOL...um..my family, we'll let's just say a gift cert. is better for them to choose! Happy New Year!

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow. That is so much better than coasters and headbands. /weep

tapmouse said...

The Bronze Plum looks wonderful-it was one of my considerations for the Ribby Pulli scoopneck. And I love the Dasching Dachs Carmel Apple-another one I had eyed (and had been good and resisted!). Lucky you!

Unknown said...

Love your x-mas gift haul. Your family did nicely! And as tapmouse said, we discussed bronze plum at length, so it's nice to see it again. ;)

And since I finally finished my Miss Babs Waterfalls socks, I must say that her sportweight yarn is yummylicious!

Discoknits said...

What great gifts. What is the green coloured yarn though? That Rudolph yarn is my fave - oh yes, that would make something veeeeeery pretty :-) I like the pic with Rowan's plates and the silver ornament in the back - you are quite the photographer too :-)

ShareThis