Friday, December 7, 2007

We Interrupt the Holiday Knitting...

To finish up some baby gifts. A happy 1st birthday cupcake hat for Baby H. I bet this will look even cuter on her! The pattern is from the new Itty-Bitty Nursery book.


Hot Mama's new baby is getting the Stay-On Baby Booties (yarn is Claudia's Hand Painted Fingering) tomorrow morning! Just 10 days old...can't wait to meet him.

Earlier this week, I received a special package in the mail from Tapmouse! Look at the goodies!

A swap you say? Nope. She sent it just because she is fabulous and sweet (well, and I sweetened her up a bit with a STR mill end, but still!). Look at those fabulous hand made cards! She and I have way too many hobbies in common I think! The Lucy in the Sky STR is very special because I really really loved it when I saw it at Purlescence Yarns at the Black Friday sale. But since it was on my Christmas list (yeap, I asked for sock yarn for Christmas!), I resisted. Tapmouse snuck it in her bag and got it for me!! Thanks so much Leslie!

I haven't yet had a chance to show you some of my purchases from the sale. This Vesper sock yarn, in the Neopolitan colorway, came home with me as a gift from Stilaholic Nartian! Its gorgeous and I love those colors! Again, thank you Celia! I sure have been feeling the Knitty love lately.

My big purchase at the sale was this yummy Malabrigo!

I'm hoping it will be my Mr. Greenjeans come January when the holiday knitting has wrapped up. Unless I decide to join this knitalong first. Decisions decisions!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hat and booties! So cute. I also plan to knit Mr. Greenjeans after the holidays (and also out of Malabrigo-but mine is purple). If you do wait to do it and want to do a mini KAL, let me know!

Stacey said...

wow what gorgeous yarn! And the hat & booties are so adorable!

My Mr Greenjeans is on hold at the moment, until after the holidays...I should have chosen to do it in Malabrigo! :)

tapmouse said...

Heck, yeah, you need to joint the KAL! I joined thinking I could find something in my stash to use, but so far, the first choice looks like a no-go. I'm committed to NOT buying any yarn for this!

BTW, I love how your Malibrigo coordinates with the Vespers yarn (at least in the pics on your blog they do!)

I knew you loved that Lucy in the Sky and it was so blue-ly you that that was the color I had to get you! ;) One good turn deserves another!-just like we have to mutually enable one another!

tapmouse said...

Ps-the cupcake hat is too cute and I wish there were a baby girl I could make one for! Mostly boys in our family and the baby girls I know of aren't necessarily on the knit-worthy list. (Sounds bad, huh? All babys are knit-worthy, but the parents need to be the type to reeeaaaalllly get it, you know?)

Scrabblequeen said...

What cute baby items! And I definately would like a bowl of that yummy sock yarn...mmmmmm

cpurl17 said...

Hey! Do you want to do a Greenjean along in Jan? Maybe we can meet up at Purlesence on a Sunday and work on them!

Zonda said...

Cute hat and booties!! So glad you got spoiled as you are quite the spoiler!! You deserve it! :)

As for the Greenjeans KAL, yes, wait until after the holidays! I want to join you guys virtually!! Although I do have the twist pattern and yarn that has been aging for 1 year LOL!

Turtle said...

cute hat & booties! Love the yarn colors on the yarn skeins! What a sweet package!

tiennieknits said...

Such cute knits!

Discoknits said...

That Malabrigo is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Love it. And the baby knits are awesome too. Love the Itty Bitty Books. Can't wait to make something when Christmas is over :-)

ShareThis