Monday, December 3, 2007

Holiday Knitting Update

First, congratulations to Kasiaiscarly and Scrabblequeen for winning the Blogiversary contests! Some lovely Socks that Rock will be on the way soon! And Marilyn from Ravelry will be getting a runner-up prize too! Thank you everyone for the happy blogiversary comments and for making Rowan feel welcome on the blog too!


The holiday knitting is in full swing here. First, a pair of monkey socks for.......


Chocolate Cherry Monkeys

Monkeys
Yarn: Claudia Handpainted Socks, color chocolate cherries


Mini-Ornament that Rocks
Mini-Ornament that Rocks

I made two more of these and did my own little version- much quicker! Plus I made these smaller. I did increases and decreases to not waste so much yarn (or time!) and made the I-cord loop.

That is our Christmas tree too. We've had it for a few days and still haven't had a chance to decorate it. We'll get to it this week, but I do love it just as it is too.


Puddles
Puddles seems to like it too.

Back to holiday knitting! Have a great week!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

Discoknits said...

Chocolate cherries! Yum-o! They look delish. And yay for puppy shots too.

Anonymous said...

The socks looks great and Puddles is adorable!

turtlegirl76 said...

Awww! Puddles is so cute! Can he come snuggle with Calvin?

Stacey said...

wow, those socks are so pretty!

And Puddles is so cute...I want a puppy :)

sgeddes said...

The socks look great and I love the yarnaments! I need to find a pattern to make one.

Puddles looks so cute! I'm with Stacey - I want a puppy for Christmas.

Scrabblequeen said...

OHMYGOSH! I'm so excited. I won something, and its a very nice something! Love the ornament and dog. (alway gotta love a dog)

cpurl17 said...

How did you make the baby ornament? I need a fast, fast knit where I can chrurn out many xmas gifts for a luncheon!

Lisa said...

I love puppy pictures in front of the Chirstmas tree!

tapmouse said...

Awwww, that Puddles is so cute! So is the adorable mini ornament! And well...some lucky person will have some lovely chocolate cherry feet-they look fantastic!

Laura said...

ANNNNNNNNNNOTHER reason I friended you on Ravelry...not gonna lie...YOUR PUPPIES ARE ADORABLE!!!

Unknown said...

Great pair of Monkey socks. And it goes w/o saying, but another great x-mas tree ornament!

Puddles is too darn cute napping under the tree.

Jo said...

Oh - I just want to snuggle with your puppy!

Neuroknitter said...

Puddles is too dang cute!! I heart the Monkey socks! The Hollyday ornament is great! You rock!!!

Happy belated Blogiversary!!

Libi said...

You really need to send that picture to Cute Overload! Oh my!

Lovely socks too.

Anonymous said...

I love the top edges of these socks, too cute! I still can't remember my password to save my life. This cold still won't leave me alone. Sorry I missed all that blogaversary stuff, I probably would have just won anyway :)
Just kidding! Looks gorgeous!
Christy

Turtle said...

Congrats to the ladies who won!

I love the projects you have been knitting...beautiful colors too!

Such a cute puppy!

ShareThis