Saturday, December 1, 2007

Rowan Makes Blogging Debut!


This is Rowan. Blogging. Happy Blogiversary! Its true. I only know how to knit. I can't cast on. Don't really know how to purl. But I did make this cute little scarf and hat set (oh, and I love teddy bears!).



Not bad for a five-year beginner. Do you know the story? I am the one who signed my sister and I up for the knitting class. She was clueless. So really, I guess you could actually thank me for this blog. And the stash. Oh, the stash. Scary, huh?


So, a knitter needs a bag. Cute, huh? Check the picture below. Here's my current work in progress.



Yes, I bought the yarn two years ago. Don't pressure me. More details to come later, but I think I'm half-way done with my sideways scarf (that I "designed" and my sister told me how to do it- I have the vision people!).

Please be kind to a rookie-blogger. I hope to be back more often than Pashy! Oh, and here's a yarny prize for those of you who correctly guessed that it would be me guest blogging today! I took those pictures for yesterday's post by the way (not bad, huh?!).


And the winner is........



Bezzie


Congratulations!!


P.S. Here's my blogger name..... Irishdaisy3 :)


Don't let the muggles get you down. Love, Rowan.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Rowan is blogging AND knitting? What is going on here?!

The pics are awesome, your bear is adorable and the hat and scarf set look great! (I see the orange going on there, too...)

Welcome to blogland! Looking forward to seeing more of your knitting! Perhaps a bit of stash acquisition for you in the future, too...?

Yvonne said...

The teddy bear is so cute! Welcome to the blogging world

Zonda said...

Ha! I thought it was Rowan!! Congrats to Bezzie! I love the colors of your current work in progress too!

Psst. Tell your sis, Happy Blogiversary

Bezzie said...

Woo hoo! I knew it! When in doubt always pick #3 or "C"!!

Rowan, I'm going to have to get you together with Rosie the Monkey. I've been trying to teach her to knit much to Chunky's chagrin. Maybe you can give her some pointers.

Discoknits said...

Yay, Rowan knits and blogs and photographs. Your finished combo looks great - fun yarn. And did you know, you're knitting with my fave ever yarn? Love the colours, very ice-cream.
Welcome to the blogiverse and happy blogiversary to Irishgirlie :-) :-)

Batty said...

Rowan, knitting and blogging. Awesome!
Nice work. That yarn you're knitting with right now... it's a favorite around our house. The kitties can't resist it.

sgeddes said...

Welcome to the blogging world Rowan! The scarf and hat for the Teddy Bear are great! Good job!

kasiaiscarly said...

He he. . .knitting in the round is a non-purlers best friend! :)

Though I can knit, I like not to, and am currently not enjoying my Via Diagonale that is garter stitch in the round. . . too many purls!

Unknown said...

Hi Rowan! Welcome to the dark side. Hee.

Maybe one of these days, we'll run into you at Purlescence too.

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay sideways scarves! That's going to be really cozy =)

Turtle said...

Love the colors...always luv to lurk and see what's new. Congrats to the winners!

Anonymous said...

Yea! KatieBUG - way to go - I miss you! Beautiful work on the mini hat and scarf. WIP . . . I'm so impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee, my big sis has sucked my lil sis into this crazy world! I love what you have created, beautiful! Keep up the great work and come and see us again sometime soon!
Christy

ShareThis