Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Knew She'd Love It!

That's why when I saw this one, and then this one, I couldn't show them to her. All I would hear would be, "When are you making me my hat?" After all, I was with her when she went to REI and spent $35 on an acrylic, trendy, not-handmade version, and being the supportive sister that I am, I didn't give her any guilt when she bought it (hey, she's a grown-up and can do what she wants with her money, and it was the holidays and I didn't want to hear her say, "Well make me one then.").

So, it was on my to-do list. I knit it yesterday while she was out most of the day. Although it was a slightly belated birthday gift, I think Rowan was the happiest girl last night when I gave her the hat. It was a total surprise.

Here Rowan is, modeling her fly Capitan hat, designed by the fabulous Rosi G. Oh, the yarn is Misti Alpaca Chunky.

Capitan



Capitan



Capitan



Capitan


Disco and I picked out the buttons together at Stitches. Rowan thinks they make the hat just perfect. I have to agree.

And if you haven't entered the contest yet, guesses need to be entered by midnight tonight (Sunday 3/9/08) in that post! Thanks to everyone already for all the guesses!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

19 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Dangit, another super-fab Capitan! Makes me want to make my own that much more. :D

It looks awesome on her. Nice work!!

hearthead said...

Well done! Rowan is looking super hot! Both are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!! Such a stylish hat!!!! Thanks sis ; )

Anonymous said...

The hat is great! I love the button choice too!

Bezzie said...

It looks great!!! Isn't it a fun knit?

Brena said...

That looks great!!! Nice button choice.

Rani said...

It's so cool! I love the button - so celtic.

What a good sister.

It is unnerving to have family members show up with acrylic store bought scarves/hats/mittens. It makes me feel guilty and a little annoyed ;-)

Discoknits said...

ooh, the buttons DO look good :-) And Rowan totally suits the hat. Another fine knit, Ms Irishgirlie :-)

sheepish one said...

that is a great hat; i'm considering one in malabrigo since i bought a second skein for koolhaas and didn't need it.

those buttons are the best. you two did a fabulous job selecting them. nice job!

Knitted Gems said...

Of course she does. That hat looks fantastic!

sgeddes said...

It looks perfect on her!

Zonda said...

Fabulous! Looks so good on her too! Love those buttons!

cpurl17 said...

So so so cute! (You'll crack up laughing when you see a future FO of mine)

Unknown said...

The hat looks super adorable on her. Way to go!

Neuroknitter said...

What a cute hat! The buttons are perfect! You are such a good sister!!

tapmouse said...

OK, I do have to say that the hat is absolutely adorably gorgeous on Rowan! Yeah...me needs to make one, too!

turtlegirl76 said...

Rowan looks so cute in her hat! It looks fab in that color! Love the buttons too.

Anonymous said...

Katie is too cute in her super cute hat! I miss you both!

ShareThis