Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So Kool....

Koolhaas


So Rowan got her hat, now Snowboarder gets his.

Koolhaas


He's smiling and loves it. I believe he said, "It's sick!"

Koolhaas


Koolhaas


So Kool....this was Snowboarder leaving after our "photo shoot." Look, he goes from smiley, to don't mess with me, in the blink of an eye!


Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood; ravelry link


Yarn: Dream in Color Classy, color Black Parade


Notes: I used size 6 and 7 needles to get gauge on this yarn which is ever so yummy. Lots left too. The colorway is perfect too, subtle shades of blacks and blues. I loved this pattern too! After the first few rows, I didn't need to refer to the pattern anymore. I've already cast on one for me (and I'm sure both Rowan and Snowboarder will wear it better, but who cares! mine will be Rockin'! hint hint).


Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

24 comments:

Trillian42 said...

The hat kicks ass, but dayum that Snowboarder is one serious hottie. :D

PurlsBeyondPrice said...

I completely agree with trillian42. Beautiful hat, beautiful man.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I was going to say the same thing. Very nice on both counts!

Lisa said...

You are right, very Kool. I an't wait to knit one now thanks to a knitting "angel." But I am sure that I won't be able to get Sensei to pose like Snowbarder did for you.

tapmouse said...

Ah, so you were teasing when you talked about Snowboarder and the photoshoot! Making it sound like you had already posted the pics! Well it's a good thing I didn't get a chance to check! Awesome hat, awesome hat model!

Scrabblequeen said...

I love the hat, perfect colors. I may have to break down and knit one for one of my guys. I seriously love the pink blankie, too!

Discoknits said...

Oh my! Snowboarder looks FIERCE in that last pic ;-)

The hat is awesome. Wish I'd bought that mag now. Darn it!

Unknown said...

To echo Disco, Snowboarder is looking mighty FIERCE in the Koolhaas hat.

Beverly said...

He is one cool dude, and the hat looks awesome on him.

Zonda said...

Ok, I can't say it any better than the rest of them! :) Kool hat, Kool Man! :)

Bezzie said...

He's like supermodeling it up in that last shot! Great hat!

sgeddes said...

I love the colors in that hat. I'm in total agreement too. that is one great looking man in a great looking hat.

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! It looks great on Snowboarder!

Knitted Gems said...

Snowboarder looks great in his new hat!

Unknown said...

Perfect color for that hat. And you can tell he loves it by the way he's modeling. He's so working it!

cpurl17 said...

trillian said it best! That hat looks great on him!

Rebel said...

Oh wow - gorgeous!



(the hat's not bad either ;) )

Calling on Kahlo said...

The hat looks great and Snowboarder looks good wearing it, perfect match.

Anonymous said...

Great hat! What a model. :)

Neuroknitter said...

Great hat! Great model! Love the Ray Ban action in that last shot!!!

I can't wait to see your Rockin' hat!!!

Rani said...

Gorgeous pics/model/hat! That color is really cook (Kool). I love the subtle striping. Yum yum!

turtlegirl76 said...

Snowboarder must love reading all these comments. Heh. Great hat!

Jo said...

The hat is fabulous - and that last picture is beautiful.

Batty said...

That hat looks amazing on him. Both he and the hat are very photogenic!

ShareThis