Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm it.

Another meme. This time I was tagged by both Neuroknitter and Turtle to do the 7 random things meme. Here goes!

The rules are: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I took Irish dancing for 10 years. Oh yeah baby. This was before Riverdance, so we're talking really cool. Let's just say it gets old dancing every year with your best friend in front of the entire school on St. Patrick's Day.

2. Fortunately, I also played basketball, softball, and volleyball for quite awhile too.

3. I've read Gone with the Wind twice. First in the sixth grade and then again in high school. I also read and did a book report on Uncle Tom's Cabin in the sixth grade too. I think it may have had something to do with loving the mini-series North and South. And dad's a huge history buff.

4. I think I even dressed up as a Southern Belle in the 8th grade (with a hula hoop-hoop skirt as part of my costume that I made myself). (note: Rowan is saying, "You think? You know you did.").

5. Okay. And this is from Rowan who sat here helping me think of weird things about me (she actually had quite a few more. Sisters.). Laugh away now. So we were at an outdoor concert a few years ago, and I turned to her and said, "Ew. Why does it smell like skunk?" My sister laughed and said, "No dude. Its pot." (clarify, she wasn't smoking it, but she loves to share this story whenever we have friends over). So, I guess random thing. I can't distinguish between the smell of skunk and pot.

6. I'm a night owl. And back in college, to make sure I got up for those early early classes, sometimes my dad would call to make sure I got up (and going to school in the midwest, there was a time difference). Thanks dad!

7. I love my socks that rock (not random or weird, I know). Although, I have enough of it that its organized in my stash according to weight (e.g., this bucket is for mediumweight, this one for lightweight).

I've seen this meme floating around blogland for awhile so I'm not going to tag anyone tonight. But feel free to share if you'd like! And since I didn't want to post without a picture.....Enjoy!



SocksthatRock

The mediumweight bucket.

Happy Knitting!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

12 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

he he, the Irish dancing for the school. there was one of those girls in my grade school and we went to HS together. she danced EVERY year.. .. she actually seemed to enjoy the attention though (because she was one of "those" girls!) :)

Jo said...

I am in love with that sock yarn photo.

Bezzie said...

Now I'm going to wonder who ran over the pot plant next time I'm driving and smell that smell.

turtlegirl76 said...

I'm sorry. I was going to say something but I forgot when I saw that GIANT TUB OF STR! Pardon me whilst I find a drool bib.

sgeddes said...

First of all - great photo!

I had a friend (and her 2 sisters) that took Irish Step Dancing. They had to dance every year for the Parade.

Discoknits said...

What is that colour in the top left corner. Yum-o!

Neuroknitter said...

Very cool about the Irish dancing!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who organizes their STR stash by weight! I probably shouldn't share that I also subdivide by color...that's a whole different issue!! LOL!

Great meme!!

Unknown said...

You totally know I blew up the picture to read the color labels on the ones I didn't immediately recognize. With that in mind, what's the top one on the left? ;)

Scrabblequeen said...

Oh No! Now I have bucket envy....

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Since Stila and Disco both asked, top one on the left, (brown, green, yellow one) is Harlotty (its a mill end which is why its in the skein like that, but I used the lightweight in my Scarf that Rocks.

cpurl17 said...

Damn girl, you've got some serious STR stash! I'm so jealous!

When you were an Irish dancer did you have the bouncy curly hair? I want that.

tapmouse said...

Thanks for the lovely STR pic!-lol! Growing up in San Francisco and attending Catholic school, the Irish dancing isn't so novel to me!-lol! I remember just about every Irish girl who I went to school with took Irish dancing-so that meant they didn't have only one friend to dance with in front of the school!

ShareThis