Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happiness is.....

....combining a WIP Wednesday post and a YPF post in a Thursday night post!
Happiness is casting on a new project in your favorite yarn.
Seriously. Tickled Pink, I think.

Happiness Ingredients

I've been "collecting" pink shades of Socks that Rock heavyweight for the past year and a half and at Stitches West found the last three colorways that will make this project just perfect! Disco saw the lone skein of Mochaberry (the top of the three above) and we knew it was a must.
Here are the ingredients for my second, bigger, and pinker, Log Cabin Blanket!

STR Happiness

l to r: Boysenberry, Bleeding Hearts (both from Stitches this year), Backstabber, Jasper, Mist, Mochaberry, Rose Quartz

Happiness

I cast on Sunday night and love it already! It will certainly take me longer than my last one, but that's okay. I'm not in a hurry.

Happiness

I'm loving each of these colors by the way!

Happiness is also sharing the love! So, I thought a little contest was in order. You know, St.Patrick's Day is coming up and I'm nearing 200 posts (I sure can blab away about knitting!) so good timing for giving away some yarny goodness!

Here's what we'll do. Guess how many "strips" I will have completed on my Tickled Pink Blanket that Rocks! by noon on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) in the comments below. I'll pick a random winner from the correct guesses. I'll also pick a random runner-up, thanks for trying, winner. The prizes...well, it is malabrigo march and maybe some, I don't know, STR?! We'll see.

Things that will help with your guesses. I've already knit 3 strips (yeap, I'm counting that first thing in the middle. My contest.). I won't be knitting this exclusively in the next 10 days and I'll resist any WIP pics during the contest (trust me, this will be a WIP for awhile, so I don't want to burn you out too soon anyways). I have one pair of socks on the needles I want to finish and I want to cast on one or two hats soon, but not sure if I will or not. And Little Guy's birthday is at the beginning of April but his gift should be quick. So don't guess anything like 25 or 30 people! I mean, I think it will be more than 4 or 5 though. Who knows!

Happy Guessing!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

ETA: Guessing will close this Sunday, March 9th, at midnight :)

40 comments:

Andrea said...

I absolutely LOVE those shades of pink together. I'm already jealous of the blanket, and it isn't even made yet!

I'm going to guess 11 strips!
Happy Knitting!

Unknown said...

I'm going with 10. The pinks are so pretty. It'll be a great blanket.

Scrabblequeen said...

Those are some seriously pretty yarns! I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

tapmouse said...

I kinda have faith in you! I think you will get a good 15 strips done!

Now, that Mocha Berry colorway-too awesome! I don't think I'd seen that one. Funny, cuz last year Tina and I had discussed chocolate-themed colorways...

And, well...I can't believe I stare at that darned Bleeding Hearts and still want it so badly! Yeah, and I actually had one in my hot lil' hands that I put back! What the heck is wrong with me!?

Yvonne said...

Love the colours, they're so pretty! Humm, could try that myself...

I'm going to be optimistic and guess a paddy's day 17.

kasiaiscarly said...

Oooh, that Backstabber colorway is gorgeous! This will be one pretty blankie when complete. Who is it for?

Considering each strip gets bigger than the one prior, I'm going to guess 10 strips.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! It's going to be a fantastic blanket! I'm going to give a guess. I'm going to say 13!

Anonymous said...

I'll guess 12.

I love pink!

Bezzie said...

Oh man, I'm not a pink person, but that it just freaking gorgeous!

I'm going to go with 7 strips.

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh that's gonna be so pretty!! I look forward to seeing it's progress. =)

I'll go lower and guess 8.

Trillian42 said...

Oh, those colors are awesome! What a great idea!

I'll say, hmm, 16. The early ones go faster. :D

Anonymous said...

oh that is gorgeous! I'm going to say 6 - mostly because my other choices were taken and I like to be different :)

Beverly said...

Having just made one of those last fall, I know that the progress slows down the larger it gets. So, I'm going to be conservative and guess 9.

It sure is purty!

sgeddes said...

The pinks are wonderful! This will be a large blanket if you use all that yarn! I can't wait to see it.

I'm oging to guess 9.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of all that pink STR! Boysenberry!!!! Delicious! I'm going to guess 17 strips!

Unknown said...

Mochaberry!?! I waaaannnnt one! Love all the pinkness.

I'm going to guess 14 since no one's picked that number yet.

ikkinlala said...

I'm going to guess 8 strips.

I'm not normally a big fan of pink, but those yarns look really good together.

Kittenster said...

I'm going with 17. I love those second two colors.

Neuroknitter said...

OMG!! I heart all that pink...and all in STR-heavy weight!! Be still my beating heart!!!

And, oh yay! Our guys made it to the top 10!!! Yippy Skippy!!!

I might as well guess, since I'm here...7 for me!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say 9 strips. Love the pinks, my favorite colors also. Can wait to see it finished.

Rebel said...

OMG... I'm drooling over those yarns right now! But dang, I was going to guess my lucky number - 26 I know you say that's too high, but I have faith in you. You'll be in love with the pinks and you won't be able to stop knitting with them! Yup... and they'll go super fast, and little elves will come in at night and knit on them. LOL! Ok... it's just a guess.

Unknown said...

Oh just gorgeous!! It's going to be awesome!

Hmmm maybe 5 strips..hoping you get more done, but it looks likey you'll be busy! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll say 7. Good luck with it. It's beautiful!

Jill L said...

I say 15

sheepish one said...

i'll say 10. and yes, this blanket may take a while, but you did spend a whole year just collecting the yarn! it will be a highly coveted blanket...

Anonymous said...

trying not to duplicate a guess...but going with a theme... 17! it will be hard to put down, i still think you'll be mesmorized by the blanket!! it is gorgeous and in my favorite colors...pink! great job collecting the colors...awesome idea!

yarn4kalei said...

Love the pink! It is just gorgeous! I am going to guess 7.

adrienne said...

it is going to be one gorgeous blankie!

i am guessing that you will have 8 stripes done by st. paddy's day.

Wool Girl said...

Oh my gosh! These colors are fantastic Carrie! I am in "need" of that Mocha Berry now!

I'm guessing 7 stripes. 7 is supposed to be lucky, right? Happy Knitting!

Discoknits said...

I think you'll want to get at least as many strips done as you have different colours of yarn. But I'm going for 9, because until around that stage it can still be a portable project.

It is gorgeous already and I love seeing all the colours lined up like that :-)

How did you eventually decide which colour order to knit in?

Andrea said...

Hi Carrie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting--I've added you to my blogroll and am looking forward to keeping up with your progress on that luscious pink blanket! Let's say 11 strips by next weekend? (by the way, I *love* your new Olive Laguna bag that you posted about earlier--seriously coveting that!)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you chose Carrie! I can't wait to see how the blanket turns out. :) I'm going to guess 12 strips.

hearthead said...

I am guessing 16, only because no one has yet. I know how fast you can work!!!
Miss you! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. I guess 13.

dicity aka Diane

Anonymous said...

No guesses from me - it's going to be pretty!

NightOwlKnits said...

Juuuusstt under the wire (it's 11:45 Sunday & I just finished working {sigh})

Without reading beyond the first few postings I'll take a wild guess & say uuhhhhhh... 16!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Thanks for guessing everyone.

CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED FOR GUESSING.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh, except, Lisa aka Twisted Stitches, she made a verbal guess today at Purlescence and her internet is down so I told her it would count....hurry up chica :)

Anonymous said...

dang that'll be pretty!! I'm going to guess....12 strips :)

Lisa said...

Ok, here it is...10 that is my final answer. Get to knitting! Oh and then stop soon...hahahahaha

ShareThis