Monday, March 3, 2008

It Came Back!

One sock, finished, but left in New Orleans. The perfect sock. I refused to work on the second until the other one came home. Gave in four weeks later when it still wasn't home...and then it showed up two days later! And then they were done!.

STR Rare Gems



Ampersands

Ampersands

Ampersands

Ampersands

Yarn: Socks that Rock! mediumweight, color Rare Gems (looks like a slightly richer Monsoon)
Needles: US 2.5 (went down a needles size than pattern recommends)


I maybe, just maybe, have found the perfect sock. The pattern is fabulous, but I'm referring to the fit actually. Finally! A pair of perfectly fitting socks that are for me. Prior to this, the only ones that fit perfectly happened to be for other people :( Or were knit by other people. I tend to knit mine too big or too short or who knows! Practice makes perfect I guess.


I absolutely love these socks!


And of course, now we are experiencing beautiful 70 degree weather!


Oh well! Time for a pedicure!


Happy Monday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

19 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

wow, I love that colour!

And congrats on your perfect fit socks!

Anonymous said...

Great socks! They look really cute in those shoes too!

kasiaiscarly said...

I almost used that pattern for a pair of Christmas socks, and I'm considering it for my mama llama sock yarn from December. They look great!

Bezzie said...

And cute shoes to match!

Discoknits said...

We are on a quite the Kirsten kick :-)

The look GREAT and I love those colours. Maybe you can wear them with sandals - I can highly recommend birkies :-)

Or maybe just get the pedicure.....

sgeddes said...

I'm glad the sock found its way home! I love the color.

I just printed that sock pattern last weekend to try out. Glad to hear it is a good pattern.

Spinning Ninny said...

they are lovely and such cute shoes too!

Neuroknitter said...

Lovely socks!! Cute shoes!! The striping on those socks is great!!

You need an open-toe sock to show off your pedicure!!

Unknown said...

Woohoo on a finished pair! Love that Monsoon-but-better Rare Gems. And that pattern.

DH thinks that we'll be back to the cold after this balmy week, so we'll see if we get more wool sock-wearing time.

Zonda said...

Reunited and they feel so good!! Hehe..that's all I could think of LOL! Beautiful socks! That pattern is on my to do list as well!

cockeyed said...

These are beautiful!

canuckknits said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE These, and the colorway!!

Batty said...

Those are gorgeous! And I think I need to knit me some Ampersand socks...

tapmouse said...

Oh, my! Love your new pair! Yes, definitely looks like Monsoon! And that is Ampersand? I have seen the pattern but it looks much better 'in person' on your blog! Great pattern choice!

Unknown said...

Love that colorway! YAY for perfect socks!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! They do look like monsoons.

hearthead said...

those look cozy. very pretty!

Wool Girl said...

I LOVE that colorway - one of my favs! :) Great pattern too!

ShareThis