Friday, February 29, 2008

YPF! The Luscious Edition


I'll start by saying this. As gorgeous as the Malabrigo sock yarn is, it still wasn't my favorite thing that I took home from Stitches.
Here it is. In all its lusciousness.

BMFA LSS

Blue Moon Fiber Arts LSS (Luscious Single Silk)
60% merino, 40% silk
500 yards/8 oz.
5 st./in on size 6 needles
colorway: Motley Hue

BMFA LSS

Incredibly soft

BMFA LSS

3 skeins...enough to make something absolutely gorgeous!
any ideas?? I have a few, but for now will just love it

BMFA LSS

It was hard deciding between this color and Valkyrie

The sockateers informed me that this yarn just debuted at Madrona and Stitches.

Thank you Tina! I hope this is available soon on the website! Or we can always start a campaign, right Nartian?

Are you starting to understand why Disco is wondering about the destash update :)

She'll be proud to know that it has officially begun.

Happy Weekend!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

Bezzie said...

Dang, that's pretty. I love the way the silk makes it shine. I have no clue what you would make out of it though!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some good stuff right there. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Trillian42 said...

Nom nom nom nom nom.

Seriously. That is some impressively gorgeous stuff. Wow.

Discoknits said...

Oh the softness......

I think you need to trawl Ravelry for some ideas of what to make.

Well done on the start of de-stash. I'll be checking up on that again later ;-)

Knitted Gems said...

Beautiful, beautiful yarn. It looks so soft and shiny.

Happily Knit said...

Gorgeous!! I'm so jealous of everyone who was able to make it to stitches... I suppose we midwesterners have to wait our turn! I can't wait to see what you make out of your pretty silk...oh the possibilities!

Unknown said...

I know. Wasn't that silk truly luscious? But I was good and didn't get any 'cause I still have that Brooks Farm from last year's Stitches.

Are you brave enough to do a garment yet, like Wendy Bernard's Sahara?

Oh, and I can't believe you're destashing a BMFA Twisted!

Neuroknitter said...

I went gah-gah for that yarn at Madrona! It is perfection!!!

I so can't wait to see what you decide to make with it!!

Anonymous said...

First, very pretty. But second, wow! I'm not the only one who picks up yarn without a project in mind? I thought I was a freak. How do you decide you've got enough? How do you choose a project that'll "fit" your yarn? I get so scared that I won't have enough yarn that I either break the bank getting too much or pass it all up completely. Sadness!

cpurl17 said...

Good thing I didn't know that was in your bag or else I might have grabbed it and made a run for it!!

Batty said...

I don't usually have an urge to pick up yarn and stick my face in it. I'm having it looking at those pictures. So shiny, so pretty, so soft-looking!

Maybe a scarf? Something that's close to your skin? It sure looks soft enough!

Zonda said...

Hehe..you better watch out for Cpurl in the future! It's just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

How very pretty!

Rebel said...

That yarn is so pretty, I just want to squish it!

ShareThis