Monday, May 18, 2009

Comfort

Today I understand why I don't blog everyday. Life gets in the way. Or, I let life get in the way. I thought I'd try posting everyday until the end of May just to see what happens. Part of my joy+ride. Blogging in and of itself is joy/fun for me.

Which brings me to today. Monday. I am so not a Monday girl. Never have been. And what a Monday it has been. Work is always busy at the end of the school year, but today. Not just busy, but draining too. Last night I had thought about a joy post for today. Then today happens, and well, different post. So it goes.

Did you know another synonym for joy is comfort?

Comfort n: good feeling; ease

Now that is a perfect word for today. I found comfort when I came home. I mean, look at what my sister made for dinner.

Taco casserole anyone?
Definitely comforting! Some type of taco casserole (that I don't really want to know the weight watchers points for)! Delish! ETA: By request, here's the recipe link!

New projects!
I'm also taking comfort in the fact that on this yarn fast (44 days!! going strong despite Woolgirl sales! and Plucky Knitter updates), my stash is quite nice. My resolve was weakening yesterday, so I cast on one Plucky Knitter project (cashmere cowl!! yum!!) and Rogue Roses. I think I can make it to 60 days (and then I'm buying some yarn people...I'm just sayin').

So today, despite being a bit drained and exhausted, I take comfort in making some time to do something I enjoy (blogging), having a fabulous family who is always here for me (and heck! sometimes cook for me!), and having a creative outlet (also known as knitting with cashmere).

I'm loving all of your joy comments too! The contest is going until Thursday night....don't forget to leave a comment!

Take time for a little comfort....
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

15 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

Not a Monday girl either. And what a sweet sister to make you a delicious dinner! Just two more weeks!

dianne said...

The casserole looks yummy, and I'm sure I only saw vegetables in it :-) Enjoy the knitting. Hugs!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You DO have a fantastic stash!

I'm not a Monday girl either. I came home to dinner cooked for me too. It sure makes a Monday at bit better!

Jodi said...

Yum! Congrats on the yarn impulse control. :-) Sometimes it seems so hard, but at other times it's easy, esp. when you can pull beautiful things out of your stash.

weezalana said...

Ooo! What is in that taco casserole? Any chance you can get your sis to share the recipe?

Shannon said...

I second the request...PLEASE share the recipe! I could eat a big plate full of THAT kind of comfort tonight!

Rani said...

mmmmmmmmm. that looks so good. now I won't rest until I've had taco casserole....

Zonda said...

ooh dinner looks delicious!! Go you on the yarn fast! I do the same thing, go look and squish and hope I don't cave LOL! Rogue Roses are my next sock too..you know after I'm done yours ;)

cpurl17 said...

I'm hungry and just clicked on your blog--I could just plant my face in that casserole, it looks sooo good!

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay Rogue Roses! They're gonna FLY!

peaknits said...

That whole "case of the Mondays" is not just an Office Space myth...ugh, hard to see the weekend end! What a yummy casserole!

Jean said...

Oh what a gooey rich casserole - yum! There are so many things that can bring joy into our lives, (like your blog). It is wonderful to be alive and to be aware - which leads to appreciation - to notice all the little things in life that make one smile.

Lori said...

That casserole photo has my mouth watering . . . can you share the recipe (as others have requested it too)? Sticking with your lates theme . . . you know its really not fair, comforting or joyous to post the photo without the recipe!

Bezzie said...

We make a something like that. Sooooo good! But how can you go wrong with that much cheese?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ShareThis