Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Saturday!

It has been a great weekend so far!

good morning Bailey!
"Good morning!" says Bailey.

toastyformom

I knit up a quick pair of Toasty yesterday for mom! I know, its May, but who can resist 100% cashmere, right? The Plucky Knitter Aran Cashmere, 1 skein in Brickhouse (love!).

Puddles, do you like cashmere?

I think Puddles likes cashmere too.

Piddleloop and a test knit

I knit on the test knit sock I'm doing for Sam. I absolutely love the pattern and the yarn (STR Lover's Leap....that pink just sings!). And of course, my little splurge a week or two ago from Piddleloop (beware: there is actually stuff in the shop!!).

I also did a little baking. You see, Snowboarder, Rowan, and I have become addicted to these cookies. Only 2 points on Weight Watchers, but they taste like real cookies (you know, not those fake ones). But they aren't cheap. And I figured there had to be a healthy version of this cookie somewhere online.

got milk?
Look at these healthy ingredients!

Delish!

Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

They're delish! And healthy! And, Snowboarder took an entire bag home because he liked them so much! I even caught him sneaking one before we went to dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!! And Happy Mother's day to all the moms, grandmas, aunties, and sisters!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

24 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Did you have much yarn left over? I have a small skein of the Plucky Aran Cashmere that I won in a giveaway that I'd love to knit up!

Cute pup! The cookies are drool worthy!

Jadielady said...

Happy Puppy Mama Day!! Beautiful socks and those cookies look tasty!

Jo said...

I love happy dog pics :) Thanks for the cookie recipe - cookies are a temptation for me - much moreso than pie or cake or other baked goods.

Jean said...

Puddles is so adorable and I'm sure would love the cashmere (after all dogs are intelligent creatures). The cookies are quite tempting, I may have to bake some up on a cool weather day.

Neuroknitter said...

Happy Mother's Day! Each of the kitties gave me a lovely plant for the garden from the local nursery! :)

Love the socks...pink and cables...that gets my vote!!!

And yum, yum, yum!!!

Jinxy and Me said...

I'm so glad you like the cookie recipe! I haven't made any in a few weeks. I think I will be making some this evening!

Bezzie said...

As "healthy" cookies go, I'm sure yours taste much better than that mass-produced KAshi-trying-to-be-cool cookies!

Good lord your little fur babies are too damn cute!!!

Stacey said...

awwww,love the puppy pictures! And those wrist warmers look gorgeous! I'm scared to check out that shop, i've caught a bag addiction recently....

Zonda said...

I love puppy pics!! Nice pair of Toast too! I'm gonna have to try out those cookies too, thanks! :)

weezalana said...

Chocolate is healthy - it has milk, part of the dairy food group, and antioxidants!

Can't wait to see the socks!

Lindsay said...

Yum! I love those Kashi cookies! I'm going to have to try that recipe immediately.

Scrabblequeen said...

Thanks for the puppy pics! Oh, and thanks for teasing us with those cookie pictures, too.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Bailey!

peaknits said...

I have been thinking about food like crazy this weekend after reading Wizenberg's book! I sooo need to try those cookies. I have been counting my points the last few weeks - awesome! Those mitts are fabulous btw - so squishy!

me said...

beautiful yarn & beautiful projects, and YES, your stash is so very lovely... a good place to loiter during the yarn fasting!

Rani said...

Mmmm. I am so happy that there is chocolate in those cookies. I'm going to try them out.

The wrist warmers are divine - she'll love them!

Yvonne said...

The cookies look yum, I might have to give them a try!

Knitting Kris said...

Love your mitts, and must try those cookies! With my birthday and Mother's day this past week, I've been a very bad girl in the eating arena.

Sam said...

I'm sure your mom loved the mitts! Great color.

Thanks again for doing the test knit.

Unknown said...

What a scrumptious gift for your mom. I'm sure she had a fab day w/you yesterday.

cupcakefaerie said...

What a wonderful weekend with cashmere knitting, cute puppy dogs, and yummy food!

tiennie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! The cookies looks so yummy! Doggie and knits aren't bad either. :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I have been wanting to knit up Toasty with some of the Aran Cashmere from Plucky Knitter I sent her an email to let me know when the next time she stocks will be yours are lovely.
confession I have never knit with cashmere.Hugs Darcy

Jodi said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love that cookbook -- and Plucky cashmere is just heavenly. Thanks for the cookie recipe link, too.

ShareThis