Friday, May 29, 2009

Fraggle Friday!

Another busy week...but the school year is almost over! I still work during the summer, but less meetings, reports, etc. I can't wait!

SPOILER ALERT! RSC shipment pictures ahead!

I am pretty excited that I finished my first pair of socks for this year's Rockin' Sock Club! I am head over heels in love with this colorway and can't wait to knit up a pair of Cotty socks in this (yes I will be ordering more!).

Before the pictures, here....let me distract you with this pretty.... I just may be casting on soon!

IMG_6726


IMG_0892


IMG_0894

IMG_0895


IMG_0893

Pattern: Fraggle Squiggle Socks by JC Briar
Yarn: Socks that Rocks lightweight, colorway Pepe le Plume
Needles: US 1 (2.25mm)
Size: Medium
Mods: None! Loved the pattern. Will definitely knit it again in a more shaded solid too!

Happy Friday!! Hope you all are still finding joy! I'm celebrating 8 weeks since I last purchased yarn!!! I am sooooo ready for a hit though. Just lettin' you know... hehehe

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Love (1000)!

Hapyy Friday to you too!

Tece said...

Beautiful job! and so fast, too!

Victoria said...

Love. Totally love.

Alicia said...

Congratulations! 8 weeks! Wow!

cupcakefaerie said...

Pretty pretty! Now you have two pairs in one of your favorite colorways.

Big YAY and WOOHOO for 8 weeks!

Lynne E. said...

Those are absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you knit from "Pepe", and also what you decide to do with your "Jabberwocky".

Beverly said...

8 weeks! Good for you!

Purty socks. I love that colorway.

chemgrrl said...

Very very pretty. Sigh. I am very tempted to join the RSC next year. Bad Carrie.

peaknits said...

What lovely socks! You are tempting me with the yarn-diet - I mean, who needs yarn?!:) My stash would thank me - right now they are a like a bunch of pound puppies - hoping to be the next skein chosen! btw, I am cast on my Cotty!!

weezalana said...

Lovely, and dude, that was fast! Fraggle heehee - I'm suddenly imagining the show Fraggle Rock. :)

Neuroknitter said...

Lovely socks!!! You rock!!

8 weeks...wow! Congrats!! I keep breaking down.

Happy weekend!

Laura said...

Those socks are so, so lovely!

Jean said...

Really nice socks and I love the colors. By the way you are showing quite a bit of willpower. that long without a yarn buy!

Marisol said...

So amazingly pretty... must knit mine soon. If only I could finish my ulmus so that i could cast on. You know how I get myself in trouble with the multiple projects he he...

Linda said...

Love your Fraggles! And thanks for convincing Tina to make this colorway--I love it! Happy Friday!

Zonda said...

Oooh Jabberwocky is nice! I so want to cast on mine, but need a 2.25 needle...may try dpns though. Gosh..have you slept this week! They look great! 8 weeks, I'm soooo proud :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love that colorway and love the socks very cute:)Hugs Darcy

Knitting Kris said...

I absolutely love your socks! The colorway is fabulous! I really wish I had joined RSC this year! I have loved all the colorways so far!

turtlegirl76 said...

They look great, Carrie! My second one is turning out like yours. Thank you for nagging Tina to create it! It's a pretty colorway.

tapmouse said...

OMG! You already finished the FRAGGLES! Go, You! Love that Jabberwocky (one of my fav colorways!) and am looking forward to knitting up Cotty when I get the chance! Perhaps that lovely Pigeon Roof/Cashmere you hooked me on at SW!

Rani said...

ooh ooh, pretty pretty socks.

That jaberwocky colorway is so rich and dark. I can't wait to see what that turns into on your needles.

Batty said...

Pretty yarn... and pretty socks! How come I want to buy sock yarn every time I visit your blog??? You may not have a knitting problem, but I sure am acquiring one...

Oh, wait, I already had one. Never mind.

Courtney said...

Wow! You really knit those up fast! I just got my kit! wow! They look great!

Sigurborg Johannsdottir said...

bautiful socks ;o)

ShareThis