Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Joy of Right Now

When the new Rockin' Sock Club kit arrived(spoiler alert!), immediately after I opened it and hung up the phone with knittinggolfer (who called to share the joy!), all I thought was...I want to cast this on right now. But I had to go back to work. When I got home, I thought, right now. But then Snowboarder called wanting to go out.

But late Friday night....I wound my skein (SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!) and cast on. Its the first sock club shipment all year that I've been able to cast on...right now!

And I'm loving it!!

But here, for those who don't want to be SPOILED!! Look at the doggies and then click away....

hello boo-boo

puddles

Pepe le Plume

Pepe le Plume

In her Dyer's notes, Tina said she tried to recreate a Rare Gem that a bunch of us begged her for! I even remember the blog post! And she did it from memory too! I had no idea it was going to be our sock club colorway!! I heart it big time!! Thanks Tina...I'm still dreaming of this in LSS and heavyweight!

IMG_0867

IMG_0869

Hopefully I'll finish the first sock today. I'm knitting the pattern, Fraggle Squiggle Socks, and I love it! Sure, the pattern would look absolutely stunning in a shaded solid, but I also love the texture and what it does to the colorway! Of course, I'm also planning to order another skein of this to make a pair of Cotty socks!

Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

dianne said...

HOLY SMOKIN' NEEDLES!!! Have you stopped to sleep and eat? Wow, do I heart this colorway and pattern. I'm winding this afternoon myself :-)

cupcakefaerie said...

Look how far you've gotten! It's so cool that Tina recreated the rare gem. I'm crossing my fingers that my package will still be there on my doorstep when I get home.

Zonda said...

Woohoo you!! Looking good so far! Glad to see the wip, yes, I'm gonna knit it as is too. Love the colorway :)

Anonymous said...

love that nose shot! just want to kiss their little noses!!

Neuroknitter said...

The dogs are adorable!

Look how fast you're knitting up that sock!! Lovely!!

Jo said...

Very pretty

Lindsay said...

This months color is fantastic! As I knit further into mine, I started to see the pattern more, too. I LOVE the puppy pics! Especially the one that shows off little teeth. It's an odd thing but I adore seeing little dog teeth poking out.

peaknits said...

So pretty - I love this colorway! What a treat - thanks for sharing your progress!

knittingknirvana said...

I agree on this colorway!!!! It is AMAZING!! I have left it on my kitchen counter so I can pet it and admire it. I will also be ordering more. I want some sort of scarf or wrap in those gorgeous purples. One of the shades of purple is super close to one of the shades of purple in monsoon---another or my fav club colorway's.

You are an amazingly quick knitter, btw! I love the pattern too!!

Scrabblequeen said...

Gotta love that Pepe La Plume! Great name, great colors....and it's knitting up gorgeous! Love the nose filling the photo, too cute.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Very cool!! I just dig the name!

hearthead said...

So pretty! Love them!!!

Jadielady said...

Oooh its beautiful! My friends gave me Never on Sunday for my birthday, while I love the teal and eggplant, I could live without the hot pink... THAT colorway however is beautiful!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the puppy pictures:) I have a special award for you on my blog.(((Hugs)))) Darcy

kasiaiscarly said...

doh! kicking myself for not signing up for RSC after seeing this color!!!!

kasiaiscarly said...

doh! kicking myself for not signing up for RSC after seeing this color!!!!

ShareThis