Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blackberry Brambles Collection

Remember I mentioned that I finished up a Blackberry Brambles Hat. Snowboarder helped me take a few pictures so that I could finish writing up the pattern.

Honeyberry Brambles
Knit in The Plucky Knitter MCN Worsted, in the colorway Honey Wilkes.

top of honeyberry
Here's my favorite part of the hat!!!

My hat snowboarder...mine
Umm. Snowboarder?!! That is my hat. Mine. I secretly hate that he looks good in just about any hat, but love that he wants to model pretty much anything I knit :) And yes, he watched me knit four (!) hats this week (more pictures to come I promise), and none of them were his black Koolhaas. Soon. I promise.

honeyberry hugs
Littlest Snowboarder wanted in on the photoshoot too!!

blackberry brambles cowl

Blackberry Bramble Cowl

The pattern for both the hat and cowl set are written up and all ready to go!

Pattern: Blackberry Brambles Hat and Cowl Set

Yarn: approximately 115-125 yards of worsted weight yarn for the hat and 160-175 yards of worsted weight yarn for the cowl. Pattern shown in The Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Worsted, 1 skein Honey Wilkes for the hat; 1 skein Doris for the cowl

Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) or size needed to obtain gauge, either DPNs or circular for both cowl and hat; hat also requires US 6 (4.0mm) or one size smaller needle used to obtain gauge

Gauge: ~18 sts = 4"

Size: women's average/medium

Finished Measurements: hat 8 1/2" width, 7 1/4" height; cowl 10" width, 8" height


Blackberry Brambles Collection

And! The Blackberry Brambles Collection is also now available!

This collection includes both the Blackberry Brambles sock pattern and the Blackberry Brambles Hat and Cowl Set and is offered for a reduced price. (btw, if you purchased the Blackberry Brambles sock pattern prior to the end of October and are interested in the hat and cowl set, email or PM me on ravelry so we can work out the discount)

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

tapmouse said...

So very cute, the three of you are! And that is the very same favorite part of the hat for me,too! Now, if I can get my computer to quit acting up! (Well, either that or it's some other problem cuz everything seems to be moving quite s l o w l y . . .

You are the Designer Bee!

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! I'm surprised you got it back from him! Very nice!

And littlest Snowboarder looks just like her daddy! So cute!

Unknown said...

Very nice work! Congratulations!

Rani said...

Those are fabulous pictures of you! You photograph well.

The hat is uber-cool. And yeah, it looks good on snowboarder, too. A trans-gender hat!

Lovely all around.

Unknown said...

Great hat & cowl set. I'm dying to finish my test knit so I can move one to all your cute knits.

But take Snowboarder's hint. Knit it in his favorite colorway & he won't need the endless twisted cables of Koolhaas.

Or you could make one in little Snowboarder's size. It would go much quicker. ;)

Sam said...

Super cute! I love what a great model snowboarder is. Hubby gives me the evil eye if I get anywhere near him with a camera.

Can't wait to see them in person. 11 more days!

cupcakefaerie said...

Such cute photos and another great pattern! I'm thinking you might have to give the hat to snowboarder, at least until you finish his koolhaus. He has been waiting f-o-r-e-v-e-r. :)

Scrabblequeen said...

Talented people who actually get things done...I wish some lived at my house! That cowl is so nice...I wish I had time to knit something more...well, later, right?

Caffeine Girl said...

I just love the whole collection! The cowl really shows off the basic design. I will be downloading very soon!

Neuroknitter said...

What a lovely collection!!! Beautiful photos of everyone!! I particularly like the one of you with the leaves in the background and of you with little snowboarder! Very precious!!

Zonda said...

Hehe..I love that he does look great in your hats!! Has little snowboarder asked for one yet?

As you know I've got the patterns already...deciding on Plucky pink or green....decisions, decisions!

cpurl17 said...

Im jealous: Big Snowboarder has one of those looks good in hats head!

Little Snowboarder is a cutie pie. And so are you!

p.s. 4 hats in a weekend? wow!

Jodi said...

Super cute hat and cowl! I love the vivid colors, and the lacy pattern is so pretty without being fussy. You know, it looks darn good on a guy, too.

gMarie said...

Great Hat! Love the top - very pretty. g

NatRed2 said...

Your so clever Carrie! I love Blackberry Brambles!

Sarah said...

Carrie - look at you go! I love every last one of the patterns. So darling! And the top of the hat... sign. Gorgeous!

ShareThis