Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Good Day.

It has actually been two good days, with the farmer's market, soccer game, and a Notre Dame football victory starting off the weekend on a good note.  Oh, and just about the cutest baby photo shoot yesterday at the park!  Routine sure does help sometimes.

But today was a really good day.  One I had been looking forward to...  a whole day with Lil' Guy!  That munchkin sure does make me smile :)

I'm afraid I might have used up our favorite rainy day adventure by going to the local Airplane Museum, but he was so excited to go, and it was just enough adventure for the week our family has had.

A few highlights...

Airplane Museum

Grandma & Lil Guy

Grandma joined us and I'm so glad she did!  Because while she and lil' guy went outside and saw 28 airplanes, in just about 20 minutes or so....

IMG_7075

....I got to spend 20 minutes knitting on my new sock design.  I cast this on last Friday evening and it hasn't made much progress.  Those 20 minutes of happy knitting just felt right again :)

Sock Summit Socks


The Plucky Knitter Primo fingering, colorway Sticky Toffee

Pa & Lil Guy

After the airplane museum and a NAP, Lil Guy had fun showing Pa his new airplane.

Doggies

The doggies were worn out after the fun day too! Although I'm not as sleepy as they are, I do think an early night is called for!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

8 comments:

Zonda said...

Looks like a fun, busy weekend! I'm liking the new sock too.

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

Those are going to be some gorgeous socks! Love the stitch pattern and color.

busiababy said...

Hey Carrie! We own one of those L39's like you are looking at. Great airplane and it's fo sale!!
Mary Ann

Discoknits said...

Love Lil guy's smile - who wouldn't be cheered having him around all weekend. Glad you did some fun stuff. And knit, of course. On a new sock, no less. Can't wait to see it :0)
disco xoxo

Scrabblequeen said...

Well, this post has it all! Cute kid, cute dogs, family, and fun. Glad you had some good days, and got a little knitting in, too.

SpinningLara said...

That looks like a fun time! Love the new sock design :)

sockdoc said...

Hey...is that the McClellan air museum? my hubby and son are regulars! (I stay home and craft I confess.....)

Jocelyn said...

Li'l Guy is growing up! I remember seeing him first a couple of years ago on your blog and he was this chubby little toddler of a boy and now he has grown a few inches and shed some baby fat. The smile and those Irish eyes are still the same though. :)

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend!

ShareThis