Thursday, September 1, 2011

Capitola

Seems fitting that as summer winds down, I'm able to release my Capitola sock pattern for you.  They are such a quick knit, you could start them now and have them ready to wear in a week or two when fall is here!  A little bit of summer for your feet.

These socks were originally knit for a kit for Sunshine Yarns.  Of course, I think it was Dani's plan to just ensure my love for her yarns, because I think since knitting these I've enhanced my stash with a few more skeins of Dani's gorgeous yarns!

Capitola 

Capitola 3


Capitola 8
Shown in Sunshine Yarns Luxury Sport, colorway Desert Cactus

I LOVED knitting with Dani's yarns.  The Luxury Sport was, well, luxury.  And talk about a quick knit!  Her colors are just gorgeous!

This pattern reminds me a lot of all the things I love about my Cotty Socks. Its written for both sportweight and fingering weight yarns, looks great in both semi-solids and variegated yarns, and features an easy to memorize pattern.

Capitola 11


Capitola 14
Shown in Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock, colorway Caramel Swirl

Capitola 1


Once again, Jill did an awesome job with the pattern layout.

Capitola.PatternPreview

Summer knitting at the coast. Feet up on the balcony, listening to the ocean waves crashing against the cliffs below. Sun shining down. Just imagine yourself in Capitola, the charming beach village in Santa Cruz County, CA where these socks were knit. The easy to memorize pattern on these socks, paired with the gorgeous Sunshine yarns, make them the perfect summer project!

More info is listed here.  I think I may need to get a start on holiday knitting and cast on another pair of these!  Perfect chance to take advantage of the IGK back-to-school sale too! From now until Sept. 5, all of my individual patterns sold through my Ravelry store, including Capitola, are 25% off when you enter the couupon code: backtoschool .



Happy happy weekend!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

No comments:

ShareThis