1. Contest winners!!! The big winner of an IrishgirlieKnits Tote bag and yarn and goodies is Sue! I've emailed you for your address info. And since so many of you shared what you were looking forward to, and I so enjoyed hearing about it, I thought I'd pick a few more winners to pick a free pattern from my Ravelry Pattern Store. Any pattern, including my newly released Dancette and Capitola patterns! Those winners are:
- Katbetty on Rav
- DianeV on Rav
2. I did some frogging this past weekend!
A few projects that were just lingering for way too long! It felt good to free up some yarn!! And needles. And project bags :) Come on guys, you know you probably have something that has been on the needles for way too long. Frog something. Go do it now before you lose your nerve!!
3. I finished reading The Help and absolutely loved it! I can't wait to see the movie.
4. I promptly downloaded Rachel Herron's new book, A Life in Stitches. I can't wait to see the movie (well, hey, you never know, right!)! I love it already and I'm only a few stories in.
5. I cast on for a new sock. One of my favorite knitting things in the world, that I can't imagine ever tiring of, is starting a new sock!
Look at that pretty pretty One-Hit-Wonder skein of The Plucky Knitter's. Of course, there hasn't really been much knitting progress beyond casting that on. See #6.
6. In the last week, I've had 4 doctors appointments, and another tomorrow! Tomorrow is a follow-up on the knee problems from last month, but the other four have been about some forehead pain that is seriously cramping my style! I'm over the bump on the side of my face. Ugh. This is the second time this has happened, so that is making my doctors and me a bit nervous, but the recommended treatment right now is to ice it?! Ok, enough whining about a pain that feels like a neverending headache. Thank you all for the well wishes and good thoughts over on Twitter today. I do appreciate it!
7. I had the pain even before the let's-not-talk-about-it Notre Dame loss last weekend. What a buzz kill to the start of college football season! But, Go Irish Beat Michigan!!! Saturday night game is going to be awesome!
8. I discovered a new type of apple last weekend at the farmer's market. Pink Pearl. LOVE! I'll be getting more this weekend :)
Did I tell you I just love fall!!!???!!!
9. Speaking of fall, our IGK Fall KAL is here! Come join us as we knit either the Honey Badger Socks or Love Letters sock. As always, the selected pattern will be on sale for a limited time for the KAL, so Love Letters will be 20% off between now and Sunday, Sept. 11 when you use the coupon code: bringonfall
10. Those glorious stitches I cast on at Knit Nite last night. Frogged. haha. Oh, knit nite fun!
Okay, must to bed! Hope you guys are having a great week!!