Fortunately, God has a way of showing you the bright side or that open window right when you need to see it. Crutches for a few more weeks isn't the end of the world. And if it means I'll be back on track to being healthier then it is worth it. And more time for knitting. I started focusing on the good things. Monday I could not have imagined walking at all anytime soon without a lot of pain and hobbling. Today I was able to hobble a bit without pain. I'm definitely getting better and just need to give my knee more time to heal.
I know when I'm not having the best of weeks it is hard for me to blog. I like this space to be a bit bright and happy and filled with yarny goodness. And really, it is only knee surgery. It could be worse. I know that.
Feeling like I've turned the corner a bit on this bummer of a week, I thought I would share some good things.
1. Downton Abbey. I know I've gushed about it before, but Tuesday the Season 2 DVD that I had preordered months ago showed up in the mail! Considering the season hasn't ended airing here in the US means I have 4-5 hours of new wonderful episodes that I could watch back to back without having to wait until next Sunday. Worth the $17. Seriously worth it. I promised my sister I won't watch it over and over so that when she watches it this weekend with me I won't have everything memorized. Trust me, it was hard not to rewatch it last night or tonight.
2. Sisters. I'm so blessed to have my sister and sister-in-law in my life. I love them both. And my sister's wedding isn't too far away (July), so lots of planning is happening and I'm getting excited for her!
3. Plucky Knitter Yarn arrived at my house on Wednesday. That was a good mail day.
4. Sunny days. It is February and it usually rains. I was a bit worried about rain and crutches, but I've been fortunate to not have to go out on the few times it has rained while I've been on crutches.
5. Doggies. I love my two doggies beyond words. Lots of time in bed resting my leg has meant lots of extra doggie snuggles :) They really do sleep practically all day?!!?
6. Bates and Anna. Oh wait, still gushing about Dowton Abbey.
7. Casting on new projects. My notes, swatches, needles, yarn, everything is ready for casting on a new design for tomorrow.
8. I cooked tonight. Not a big deal, but I tried two new recipes tonight. I love to cook, but I've fallen out of the habit of cooking new recipes. I tried Smitten Kitchen's Buttermilk Chicken (delish!) and mustard roasted potatoes tonight (very delish!). And there are leftovers....even better!!!
9. Birthday week begins. Dad's birthday was today, mine is Saturday, my sister's is next week. Throw Valentine's day in there too. I pretty much heart everything about February. We finish off February with Stitches West. Seriously?!
10. Birthday cake! Red velvet birthday cake.
See, lots of good things to be grateful for. What good things do you guys have to share? You know I'd love to hear.
And one more good thing....Happy Friday!!