Saturday, January 24, 2015

Finished Pont Neuf - Or is it?

IGKPontNeuf3

She's finished and I love her! All the knitting on my Pont Neuf infinity is done. I love how snuggly warm and cozy she looks. I still have to weave in the ends and block her.


IGKPontNeuf1a


I still have to weave in the ends and block her. But I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.

So the question for you is:
When is something "done?" When it is ready to wear or when the knitting is finished?

Also, when is the "right" time to weave in the ends? Before or after the soaking and blocking. Part of me thinks that after soaking is better because the fibers will adjust. But then if I do it before blocking, it will block with ends woven in.

What say you all?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Tricia. I look forward to seeing it on you!

All excellent questions. As in life...it ain't done till it's done which means when you can wear it.

Weaving in the ends and blocking...sheesh...I never thought much about it. I always did the ends then blocked but I look forward to other opinions here.

sazzy

Liesl said...

I always weave in my ends before blocking so they can settle in with blocking. But I leave long tails to try down after blocking once everything has settled into place.

Renee Anne said...

To me, it's usually finished once I've cut the tail and finished the bind off...but not always. If it's a sweater with a zillion ends that need weaving in, then it's not done until that's done. Sometimes, blocking means finished...like with shawls. But basic hats, scarves, mittens...those are done when I bind off :)

Kelly-ann said...

I only wear once ends are woven in. I tend to weave in ends right after casting off and before blocking unless I am going to aggressively block the item. Otherwise, those ends may never get woven it!

Jocelyn said...

I consider it done when the needles come off the knitting. That is a major achievement.

I used to weave in end before soaking but realized in some projects that it's not quite right that way. So now I soak, block,dry and then weave in ends.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I don't consider it done until it's blocked. But that's just me!

I weave in the ends before soaking but I don't cut off the ends until after blocking. That has worked very well for me and I don't have to be concerned about anything coming loose with an aggressive blocking.

ShareThis