Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Fun!

Tapmouse and Nartian and I met up at Purlescence today for their annual yarn swap! Wow. There was a lot of yarn. And acrylic. My goal was just to get rid of some.

not. mine. no. way.

Nathania tempted many of us by showing us all the new Dream in Color Classy colors. They are soooooo vibrant and gorgeous! And many were calling my name, but I resisted. Today at least.

IMG_6883

I made a bit of progress on my STR Leyburns for the Socks that Rawk! KAL! Tapmouse and Nartian were already done with one sock each!! This pattern really is quite gorgeous paired with the STR!

pretty leyburns

I'm ready to turn the heel on the first sock!!

It was a great day catching up with my girls at my favorite yarn store!

Hope your day was happy to!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's all your fault. Your first Leyburn picture caught my eye, and then a friend bought me some Sox Stix (or did it happen the other way around?), so yesterday I bought some STR Mediumweight in Eggplanted. Must. Make. Leyburns. Or at least try.

Soon!

Jadielady said...

Oh wow, very pretty .I am proud of your restraint!!

Scrabblequeen said...

Pretty...vera, vera pretty. I don't need more sock yarn...repeat as needed...ooohh..pretty...Not sure if I'll win this arguement!

Yvonne said...

Yarn swap? Sounds like a great idea!

Knitting Kris said...

A yarn swap is a great idea. Don't know how you resisted the Dream in Color - I probably couldn't have....it's beautiful!
And those leyburn socks - great pattern for the STR! :)

Discoknits said...

Your leyburns all look GREAT.

And is that a table FULL of acrylic 80) (That 8 is my eyes popping out of my face!).

Now I have my own LYS to go to I hope I can get in on all the knitting get-together action :0) You gals are so lucky :0)

Bezzie said...

HOly schnit, that's a lot of freaking yarn!!! Those Leyburns are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

sweet! i might just join that kal. i've had my eyes on that for a while. your socks look great!

chemgrrl said...

You are a strong, strong woman for resisting that Dream in Color. That teal would have been in my hands and out the door before you can say "cast on."

Unknown said...

Egads, Woolgirl has the solid DIC worsteds too! That Black Purl and that gray one are so, so tempting. Heck, they all are!

Zonda said...

You do have strength, cause next to STR, um..for worsteds, so far DIC rules!! Sounds like a great time!

Unknown said...

I promise to cast on the leyburns tomorrow. I promise!

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm sorry I missed all the fun. Your pretty Leyburns will hopefully inspire me to cast-on mine...sometime very very soon.

Happy New Year, IGK!!! xoxo

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Gorgeous socks and wow a table full of yarn!!! sounds like a fun filled day.Hugs Darcy

ShareThis