Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wishing all of you moms, aunts, grandmas, and friends a very happy Mother's day! Hope it was a special one!

My sister and I took my mom out for lunch and then it was a family photoshoot of socks in Mom's backyard! I think my mom has become my go-to sock model! And my sister, I think she enjoyed the photoshoot setup.

merrily.str2
Of course, Mom didn't mind modeling her Mother's Day gift.

Merilly.str
These were finished just in the nick of time late last night! Phew!

IMG_3589
Pattern: Merrily
Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight, colorway Sassafras

But the favorite part of the phootshoot was my mom modeling my Grandma socks. She loved them.

dotty2

"Dotty" should be available for sale this week! And I'm on a roll with the finished socks. Two socks finished in one day (both of these were finished yesterday!!)!

Happy Mother's Day!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

7 comments:

Zonda said...

Fabulous socks! Can't wait for Dotty's release :)

gMarie said...

Fabulous socks. Your mom's Merrily are lovely - so are the Dotty's.

I'm halfway down the leg. Love this pattern. It's quick and so easy to memorize. I can't wait to finish one - soon, promise!! g

Caffeine Girl said...

Congratulations on the socks! Both are lovely!

dianne said...

Pretty socks! Sounds like you had a nice day with your mom and sister :-)

SissySees said...

Okay. When Dotty's ready, I might have to cast on...

Glad you had a fabulous day!

Neuroknitter said...

Both those socks are so lovely!! And your mom is model extraordinaire!! :)

Anonymous said...

That would be "on a roll"...sorry, I know a spellcheck doesn't correct words spelled right, but used wrong...and the socks are lovely, by the way...

ShareThis