Monday, May 31, 2010

Socks, Socks, and More Socks!!

Call me crazy but I signed up for this last week. That's right, 52 pairs of socks in a year! Its not like I don't have the stash for it.

IMG_3707

WIPs count. I have a few of those. And baby socks count and I know way too many little ones being born this year. I'm also way behind on Christmas knitting, and everyone in my family loves socks.

I think my biggest challenge will be not getting distracted by other gorgeous items to knit. We'll see how I do.

I prepped by winding yarn today!

IMG_3718

And by buying a new book yesterday at Purlescence, Think Outside the Sox. Such inspiration in these socks!!

IMG_3721

I also gathered all my sock WIPs. I had forgotten about this one. Burst in The Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino Wool, colorway Father Goose.

Plus there is also Summer of Socks, so bring on the socks!!

But I know you all are really here to find out who won the Sock-a-licous contest! First, our fabulous winners who rewrote Fergalicous for us! You guys did an awesome job :) Loved them all!

Karen
Mya
JelliDonut
Crzyknittengran
KnittySue

I'll be sending a copy of Blackberry Brambles to your email shortly. Let me know if you don't receive it.

And our lucky winner of this gorgeous skein of Sock-a-licous and the Blackberry Brambles pattern is....

Sock-a-licious

Kathleen (aka Katbetty on ravelry)!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see what you knit with this. And a big thank you to Kollage Yarns for the extra skein to giveaway!!

Happy Sock Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Congrats to all the winners!

52 pair of socks sure is a huge goal! If anyone can do it, it's you. I'm looking forward to watching you do it while I cheer you on from the sidelines!

dianne said...

52 pairs! Whoa!!! I bet you can do it though! That's a great book you got too. DH gave me a copy for my B-day with some sox sticks :-)

Channon said...

Congrats to the winners. I can't even seem to manage 12 pairs from stash in a year, so go you!!

peaknits said...

congrats to the winner! That Burst sock is gorgeous! Good luck on your goal!

Ally Johnston said...

I have to lie down just thinking abobut all those socks. 104 socks in total. I admire your goal, I could do 104 just that none of them would match. Looking forward to seeing you succeed

laura said...

i got think outside the sox and i loooooooooooooove it! what a great book.

oh and carrie, you're nuts :-P
mwah!

KnittySue said...

Thanks for the pattern, I can't wait to try it. 52 pair of socks in a year..I think that's great. I can't wait to see what patterns you choose to do. I've made 4 pair just this month..I'm newly addicted.

Caffeine Girl said...

I can't even knit a sock a week, let alone a pair! It's a great goal for those of you who can speed knit!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of those who do the 52 Pair Plunge. While I pretty much always have an active sock project, I would be hard pressed to do more than about 6 pairs a year

If the Plunge seems beyond the beyond, you might want to try the 1 Pair Dip (huttp://www.ravelry.com/groups/1-pair-dip) on Ravelry.

Grant-Grey Guda said...

You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Or my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poetry-By-Grant-Grey-Guda/399397276060?v=wall

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
Grant-Grey

weezalana said...

I'm very sad for me, but congrats to Kathleen!

ShareThis