Monday, May 31, 2010

Socks, Socks, and More Socks!!

Call me crazy but I signed up for this last week. That's right, 52 pairs of socks in a year! Its not like I don't have the stash for it.

IMG_3707

WIPs count. I have a few of those. And baby socks count and I know way too many little ones being born this year. I'm also way behind on Christmas knitting, and everyone in my family loves socks.

I think my biggest challenge will be not getting distracted by other gorgeous items to knit. We'll see how I do.

I prepped by winding yarn today!

IMG_3718

And by buying a new book yesterday at Purlescence, Think Outside the Sox. Such inspiration in these socks!!

IMG_3721

I also gathered all my sock WIPs. I had forgotten about this one. Burst in The Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino Wool, colorway Father Goose.

Plus there is also Summer of Socks, so bring on the socks!!

But I know you all are really here to find out who won the Sock-a-licous contest! First, our fabulous winners who rewrote Fergalicous for us! You guys did an awesome job :) Loved them all!

Karen
Mya
JelliDonut
Crzyknittengran
KnittySue

I'll be sending a copy of Blackberry Brambles to your email shortly. Let me know if you don't receive it.

And our lucky winner of this gorgeous skein of Sock-a-licous and the Blackberry Brambles pattern is....

Sock-a-licious

Kathleen (aka Katbetty on ravelry)!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see what you knit with this. And a big thank you to Kollage Yarns for the extra skein to giveaway!!

Happy Sock Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congrats to all the winners!

52 pair of socks sure is a huge goal! If anyone can do it, it's you. I'm looking forward to watching you do it while I cheer you on from the sidelines!

dianne said...

52 pairs! Whoa!!! I bet you can do it though! That's a great book you got too. DH gave me a copy for my B-day with some sox sticks :-)

SissySees said...

Congrats to the winners. I can't even seem to manage 12 pairs from stash in a year, so go you!!

peaknits said...

congrats to the winner! That Burst sock is gorgeous! Good luck on your goal!

Ally Jay said...

I have to lie down just thinking abobut all those socks. 104 socks in total. I admire your goal, I could do 104 just that none of them would match. Looking forward to seeing you succeed

laura said...

i got think outside the sox and i loooooooooooooove it! what a great book.

oh and carrie, you're nuts :-P
mwah!

KnittySue said...

Thanks for the pattern, I can't wait to try it. 52 pair of socks in a year..I think that's great. I can't wait to see what patterns you choose to do. I've made 4 pair just this month..I'm newly addicted.

Caffeine Girl said...

I can't even knit a sock a week, let alone a pair! It's a great goal for those of you who can speed knit!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of those who do the 52 Pair Plunge. While I pretty much always have an active sock project, I would be hard pressed to do more than about 6 pairs a year

If the Plunge seems beyond the beyond, you might want to try the 1 Pair Dip (huttp://www.ravelry.com/groups/1-pair-dip) on Ravelry.

weezalana said...

I'm very sad for me, but congrats to Kathleen!

ShareThis