Thursday, May 27, 2010

Awwwww....

I apologize in advance for all the yarn enabling going on around here. But this was too special to not blog about.

Last weekend, Snowboarder had a business trip in New York City and he brought me back a little something special.

IMG_3674

He knew I was happy as soon as I saw the package!! Totally surprised too! Yes, Snowboarder has always been good in the yarn-gifting department (the first present he ever, ever gave me was yarn...I knew then that he'd be a keeper!), but this was absolutely perfect!

IMG_3675

Gorgeous sock yarn from Purl Soho (an absolutely charming yarn store!)!!! With cashmere no less! He said he told the ladies in the store that I loved to knit socks and that my favorite yarn was Socks that Rock...again, love that man.

The yarn is Anzula Squishy (80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon, and very, very squishy!) in the colorways Boysenberry and Candied Apple. I've never tried this yarn, but can't wait! Thanks Snowboarder :)

IMG_3676

So yes, the yarn overfloweth this week. And if you haven't entered the contest for free yarn, here's the post. Definitely read some of the fabulous song comments too! Love you guys!! Knew you could be bribed with free patterns :)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet of him! And he's got fantastic taste!

Karen said...

Gorgeous! I love a man who knows how to buy yarn. It's almost better than a man who knows how to buy jewelry.

Susie said...

I can't wait to get down to the new space for Purl Soho. Gorgeous yarns!

dianne said...

That yarn looks fabulous! I think your man is definitely a keeper!

peaknits said...

Gorgeous yarn - and a keeper indeed. He could make a killing starting an on-line man-shopping business, I would send my husband over for some pointers:)

SissySees said...

See?! I want to go buy something for the ribbon. I don't know why, but for some reason, I really feel pampered when a shop wraps up my purchase. (Talbot's. They get my business because red and green aren't just for Christmas, and who cares if I already know what's in the tissue?!)

JelliDonut said...

Gorgeous! And you deserve it.

Guinifer said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

He's a keeper! Great gifts!

I positively drool over their Purl Soho & Purl Bee websites. They always have such cute free patterns too.

cpurl17 said...

Can you clone him?

Scrabblequeen said...

I am sooo impressed! My dear, wonderful man wouldn't know how to buy yarn without a guide book. Blessed, it's what you are.

Tece said...

What a lucky Irishgirlie you are!

Mya said...

Yummy! What a great guy to buy you yarn, and in such fab colors!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to enter into the contest for one of these too. k? :-)

keepers. snowboarder and the yarn.

Zonda said...

He's got good taste!! Lucky you ;) Hehe..I fear greatly what mine would bring home ;)

Bezzie said...

What a great souvenier! And I'm impressed--you don't see many dudes in PurlSoho!

I think they just moved--did he say anything about the store? (Maybe I just need to go visit myself! LOL!)

Mya said...

I just got a sock club shipment yesterday that had this yarn specially dyed for the pattern! Fabulous!

weezalana said...

Nice! I like that it says "Squishy" right on the label!

tapmouse said...

That Snowboarder-gotta love him!

cupcakefaerie said...

Yes that does call for a big "awwwwww". How sweet of Snowboarder. Such a lovely and thoughtful gift.

cupcakefaerie said...

Yes that does call for a big "awwwwww". How sweet of Snowboarder. Such a lovely and thoughtful gift.

Jill L said...

bought some of that Anzula at Green Planet Yarns -- it is the softest!

ShareThis