Thursday, December 9, 2010

Too many!!

Remember this post and the little contest I had on guess how many WIPs are in that big bag?!

Renee-Anne guessed right with 12! Congratulations!! (email me at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT come for details) Well, here they are, all 12 of them!

TOO MANY!!!

A bit ridiculous!! I blame the designing...lots of single socks in the project bags (and yes, I know I have a project bag problem too). Buried at the bottom of the pile is one now completely frogged beginnings of a February Lady Sweater. That should be exciting because that would mean only 11 WIPs, right? Nope. I forgot about the big Tickled Pink Blanket that Rocks. Still 12.


Plus...um....

traveling bff scarf
I seem to have added to the WIP total. This one wasn't my fault. I blame Cockeyed and Knittinggolfer. The BMFA BFL in True Blood Red showed up in the mail and I was informed to cast on my Pont Neuf immediately. I caved to peer pressure (and, well, gorgeous yarn).

And....this...

New design...winter wonder?

My new design, based on my Queen Alice sock pattern. I love the yarn (Malabrigo Rios) and am hoping to crank out this pattern before Christmas (another cowl/infinity scarf combo of cabley goodness).

And one would think that now 14 WIPs, and a new spinning habit would stop me, right? I mean, it has never been this bad. Ever.

But I still keep looking at this and wanting to cast on.....

soon!
new Rockin' Sock Club shipment and gorgeous pattern by KnitQuest (great job Sam!)

HELP!!!!

Happy Knitting through my crazy WIPs!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

Discoknits said...

Cast on the new sock. A girl can never have too many choices, right? ;0)

dianne said...

I'd help you if I could, but I fear I'm in the same boat that you are. I'm afraid to put all my WIP's in one place and count them :-) I say just knit what moves you at the moment and enjoy!

Neuroknitter said...

Agreed...cast on the new sock!!

The new Queen Alice cowl/infinity scarf looks awesome...hurry, hurry!! I need holiday vacation knitting!!

Renee Anne said...

Awesome :)

I never win anything!

Mya said...

I can't offer any help, only sympathy since I have probably twice as many WIPs (I'm too chicken to count). So excited about the Queen Alice cowl since I loved the socks and I happened to buy some extra of the yarn so a cowl would be perfect. But...no hurry in getting that pattern done since the cowl would only add to my WIPs.

Elizabeth D said...

A woman after my own heart. . .but imagine what you could do if you had more than one big knitting bag!

Rani said...

Another kindred spirit in the FO knitting universe.

If you can finish ONE FO, give yourself permission to CO for another.

Jadielady said...

If you've got pets, you have to have project bags. My cat eats yarn, especially if it's in progress.
The area next to the sofa looks very much like that pile right there.

Zonda said...

Heh, I have way more and a spinning habit too ;) Just wanted to make you feel a bit better...but cripes, a new infinity scarf and great...trueblood red bfl :P all your fault ;)

Scrabblequeen said...

LA la la...I'm preferring to be in denial about MY WIPS....yours all look lovely though, and I envy you all those project bags!

neknitsandbeads said...

I mean what is one more WIP...
...and needles that match your yarn! Goodness!

Anonymous said...

help nothin. get cracking on that pont neuf sista!
who luvs ya!

Jean said...

This was really funny, I have forgotten how many wip's are around, I just shoved them into my dresser drawers, but now have less room for my clothes, I vow that sometime next year I'll weed them out and frogg them for the yarn. If I haven't knitted them by now it's time to do something else. Wish me luck. Your WIP's look so pretty though.

Caffeine Girl said...

Cast on. What's the use in wasting energy resisting?

In between gift knitting, I'm sneaking in a few rows on my Pont Neuf, which I think is for me. Such a great pattern!

ShareThis