Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Wonder

Happy Winter Solstice! It seems almost perfect that last night, the longest night of the year, I stayed up late publishing my new design, Winter Wonder. I'm so excited to share it with you all because it feels like the perfect winter accessory.

Introducing.....




Winter Wonder.6a

Peekaboo



Winter Wonder.3

Winter Wonder.1



Winter Wonder.5



Winter WOnder.8



Winter Wonder.7

As you can tell, we had a bit of fun with the many different looks of Winter Wonder!

Winter WOnder.10a

All ilikecake needs here is the Baby Jesus and we'd have the perfect manger scene!

In addition to the infinity scarf, the pattern includes a cowl version.

Winter Wonder Cowl.1a



Winter Wonder Cowl.2a

A perfect one skein project, using The Plucky Knitter MCN Lite, in Pretty Pretty Pola, a slightly lighter worsted yarn gives the cowl a bit of drape.

Winter Wonder Cowl.4

Winter Wonder Cowl.7a

Erica test knit the cowl for me in Kollage Yarns Fantastic in the colorway Smoke, and I just LOVE the uber-warm cozy feel of it in this yarn. Don't those cables just pop! Thank you Erica and her gorgeous model, Sheila, for the perfect snowy winter pictures!

Another thank you to my fabulous team, ilikecake (stunning model), cheekyattitude (awesome photographer), and cupcakefaerie (stylist extraordinaire)! I don't know what I would do without you ladies!

Pattern Name: Winter Wonder


Yarn: 180 yards (375 yards) of worsted weight yarn for cowl (infinity scarf)

Yarns Shown: 2 skeins of Malabrigo Rios in colorway Azul Profundo (infinity scarf); 1 skein of The Plucky Knitter MCN Lite in colorway Pretty Pretty Pola (cowl); 2 skeins of Kollage Yarns Fantastic in colorway Smoke (cowl)

Needles: US 8 (5.0mm) circular needle 24" in length

Pattern Notes: The pattern includes instructions for both the cowl and infinity scarf. Both written and charted instructions are provided. The pattern is worked in the round, top-down.

A special introductory, holiday pricing of $4.00 will run until January when the pattern will retail for $6.00. And don't forget, all other Irishgirlieknits' Individual Patterns sold through Ravelry (or here on the blog.....see left sidebar) are 20% off through January 3, 2011! Wishing you all a happy holidays!

Wishing you a happy Winter Solstice!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

P.S. I didn't forget about our blogiversary giveaway! The following lucky winners won a copy of Sweet Baby Kate....

Scrabblequeen, Dee, Knitter, & Kassia

Email me at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com and I'll email you the pattern!

7 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Wow....I was first to leave a comment for once in my life! wOW..I won a prize! And oh my gosh, wow, what a great new pattern!!

Discoknits said...

Another beauty. Congrats Carrie :0)

neknitsandbeads said...

Beautiful pattern! Goodness now I have to chose which one to knit next! Decisions, decisions....

SissySees said...

Oh goodness... I LOVE the infinity version. I might have to reward myself for being at work today... just because!

cupcakefaerie said...

Congratulations on another beautiful design. Also love the pals on the new blog banner.

Affiknitty said...

Beautiful! I'm off to favorite it on Ravelry

Lisa said...

Wow! Love Winter Wonderland. Ran straight over to Ravelry to add it to mu queue! I've got Christmas money and I think I know how I'm going to spend it!

ShareThis