Thursday, March 5, 2009

Friends, Fun, Fiber! part 3

I think working at the Blue Moon booth this year actually helped me stay within my budget at Stitches. There was a point, late Saturday afternoon, where...wait for it... I was sick of looking at yarn! Well, not the socks that rock (that booth made me happy all weekend!), but the wandering around looking at other stuff... yeah, I was tired!

My plan for Stitches included Pigeonroof Studios and Socks that Rock! There were one or two others that were on my maybe list, but nothing quite caught my eye (or, if it did, it was already in my stash!)!

First, the gorgeous gorgeous pigeonroof...

IMG_7329

IMG_7333
One of these pretties was a birthday gift from Tapmouse! I heart her!

IMG_7334
We interrupt this color explosion to show you the skein Snowboarder wanted. Yes, black. As close to solid black as I could let myself get. He wants a "solid black hat." There you go.

IMG_7335
Awwww!!! The pretties!! Look at these Rare Gems!!! How I restrained myself, I just don't know!

IMG_7337
Maybe I held back on the Rare Gems because I knew I couldn't resist this lovely, lovely skein of De-Vine! Sam first enabled me when she got back from Madrona! I knew I had to have it! And Tina, please please please make "Meet Brown, Joe" a colorway in everything!! I heart this!!!

IMG_7340
Okay. I couldn't resist a second skein. Sorry.

IMG_7342
And finally (well, I didn't photo the couple millends of STR), my two skeins of LSS Bleeding Hearts! They were calling my name for four days and in the end, I caved! I really heart them!!

IMG_7327
This is not a Stitches purchase. But I knew it was coming, so maybe it helped me not go too crazy with the yarn buying! Its Woolgirl's Glinda Kit (she's doing a whole Wizard of Oz themed kits)! The yarn is Madelinetosh (another fave!). And look Cockeyed, a magic wand!! Love love love these kits!! For more fabulous pictures, go see Gail's. You won't even think this is the same kit!

And so we end the post-Stitches week. So sad. But such a fabulous weekend with wonderful friends, gorgeous yarn, and many many memories!!! Now its time to knit up these pretties! Let the countdown to sock camp begin!!

Happy Yarning!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I could be the enabler this time! I often think we'd be great shopping buddies, but it's probably best we don't live near each other.

Very nice haul! I especially like the green.

Anonymous said...

Those are such gorgeous yarns!

Zonda said...

Whew, gorgeous yarns!! You'll love the DIC great to knit with!! Ahem..I mean Snowboarder will ;)

Susie said...

What a haul! Beautiful stuff.

Knitting Kris said...

Wow, what pretty, pretty yarn. I love the PigeonRoof yarn, especially the variegated ones!
And I totally heart the Thraven - I'm knitting my FLS out of that (almost done with the body, and just the sleeves left to go!
Very successful Stitches!

Anonymous said...

I got the same Pigeonroof in Orchida - could not resist! I'm really kicking myself now for not buying any De-Vine!

JelliDonut said...

Very pretty stuff!

Discoknits said...

That middle rare gem really is pretty.

Well, they're all pretty, but you know what I mean.

:0) Happy weekend - take it easy

Neuroknitter said...

Lovely, gorgeous, stunning, outstanding...these are just a few of the words that come to mind when looking at these images!! Wowza!!! Beautiful yarns...all around!!!

Your Glinda picture is great!! That kit is so awesome...I'm thinking some baking might have to happen this weekend!

Have a great weekend!!

Scrabblequeen said...

Well, you DID have a good weekend, didn't you! Love the new acquisitions.

cpurl17 said...

The Pigeonroof display was divine--I recoginze some of those colorways. She had a beautiful red yarn that I wanted to make my FLS out of but i came back and it was gone. Luckily there was this fairy princess (she looks a lot like you) in the BMFA who had her own FLS made out of Heavyweight and thus I was saved!

Rani said...

OH! THE YARN! THE YARN! LOVELY YARN! except the black stuff, but then, BOYS - they gotta have it.

weezalana said...

Ooo, I wanna pet everything! What is that Pigeonroof colorway next to the solid blue? Love it!

cupcakefaerie said...

More pretty yarn (and a magic wand!) to add to lovely stash! The DeVine is calling my name, especially in Mr. Brown.

Courtney said...

Pretty! I especially love the brown with purple Pigeon Roof on the right (and the STR rare gems, of course).

turtlegirl76 said...

Pardon me whilst I try not to drool over the rare gems.

Anonymous said...

I so love the Rare Gems. I kept trying to not look at the BMFA booth pictures because the whole wanting to teleport myself there thing really wasn't working for me. I want to try that new yarn base really bad! Also, I agree with you about working at Stitches. It really does put you on yarn overload after awhile.

Virtuous said...

LOL @ interruption of color explosion! Haha!

ALL of it is fiberlicious!!! :oD

Unknown said...

Darn it! I REALLY should have bought the DeVine.

ShareThis