Friday, March 6, 2009

Fall in Love Fridays: A Small Victory!

IMG_7344
BMFA Peru, colorway Rose Quartz

A quick post for a small victory that occurred last weekend at Stitches! I decided rather than buying some of the gorgeous BMFA Peru yarn that I was surrounded by all weekend, I would go home and cast on the lovely skein that had been marinating in my stash for over 2 years! Well before this yarn was even available online! So Saturday night, after an evening of fun at Purlescence, I went home, wound up the gorgeous skein, and cast on for another Gathered Scarf!

I was quite proud of my little victory! Falling in love with my stash is helping....a bit...

Have any of you fallen in love with your stash lately? I know Neuroknitter has!

Happy Friday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

weezalana said...

Pretty pretty! I recently took out all my yarn and petted it to fall back in love! :)

Anonymous said...

After looking at your scarf on Ravelry I actually did paw through my stash a bit to see if I had anything suitable for this scarf. I *almost* decided on some Sundara but I don't think I'll have enough yardage at such a small gauge. Instead, I'm going to rip off the use of Peru because I love the way it looks. I believe I'll be doing one in Downpour.

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm so proud of you! And the Peru in Rose Quartz is gorgeous!

Susie said...

This is lovely. I was looking for a scarf pattern for myself and I think this is it!

Manda said...

I've definitely fallen in love with my stash! I can't wait to knit it up. We'll see how long that lasts though ;)

Unknown said...

Cool scarf!

ShareThis