Monday, March 9, 2009

The Socks that Killed the Camera

I do love these socks.

cute shoes

But they shall always be remembered as the socks that killed my camera. How? Well, I just had to show you how cute they matched my shoes. My favorite work shoes. But, um, taking that said picture and not being a yoga master yet, well, let's just say...the camera fell. Hard. And, well. It may not be completely dead, but its on life-support, maybe. Ugh.

cute shoes again

Just these two photos survived the fall. Well, at least you can see how cute they match :)

The quick details:

Pattern: Tesserae by Anne Hanson
Needles: US 1 (2.25mm)
Yarn: Pigeonroof Studios Original Sock, colorway Plum Tortie
Notes: Loved this pattern! Can't wait to knit it again with some STR.

Note to the Camera Gods.... I promise to take my next few sock pictures either on sock blockers or sitting down if I do indeed get a new camera.

xoxo Irishgirlieklutz :)

13 comments:

Zonda said...

Oh noes!!! Poor camera! But lovely socks!! Another pair off the list huh ;0

Anonymous said...

That's terrible about your camera. As much as I've read into it, I'm sure I'll never master the art of photographing my own feet. I imagine my best shots have been taken in a similar fashion to what you did as it required a terribly unnatural body angle and very precarious grip on the camera. the socks do go very well with the shoes, which themselves are quite great!

Anonymous said...

Cute socks with your cute shoes! I hope your camera can be fixed!

Scrabblequeen said...

Um..yes...bad camera juju there. Lovely socks, though. Will put an offering to the camera god for you.

tapmouse said...

Awwww...I'm sad to hear about the camera but your pair of socks look great!

chemgrrl said...

Oh dear. I can't say I haven't (almost) been there--eek! Maybe if you knit your camera a nice sock, it will forgive you and start working again. But then there are probably some good sales going on right now, too...

The socks were worf it, though. So cute!

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm looking at your great photo and trying to figure out how you took it yourself, hmm... No wonder the camera fell! :) (I just dropped the laptop this morning.)

Love the new socks and love that PR colorway!

Anonymous said...

So frustrating! What we'll do for a good picture! I hope you can get it fixed before camp.

The socks are lovely, but I really need to know about the shoes. What are they? Do they come in colors?

cockeyed said...

...the socks are cute but soooo sad about your camera..... ;-}

Anonymous said...

poor camera!!! awesome socks and shoes though! thanks for going the extra mile to share the look. would a couple of motrin help the camera, they usually help my aches!! lol

cpurl17 said...

Oh no!!

At least it gave its life looking at someting beautiful.

Discoknits said...

Camera's suck!!! I seem to have lost mine. Oh, maybe camera owners suck!!!

At least we have fine socks though to cheer us up :0)

And I love those shoes too. Tres cute ;0)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new camera!

ShareThis