Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Phew! What a crazy few days its been! This is going to be a bit of a jumbled post, but here you go!

1. Things every Irishgirlie should have!


irishgirlie's stuff!

A few months ago I did a custom order from KaratStix! Look at what a fabulous job she did! And then, sneaky Disco went and completed my set!! Thanks so much Disco!!


happy st patty's day!
STR County Clare..... well, its not Knocknagree, County Cork where my grandfather was born (I'd settle for County Kerry, just one mile away), but you know...it works!

2. Some pictures from my new camera!


not bad new camera :)

one toe
Not too bad, huh?! Yay for new camera...now find me some time and some good light so I can play!

3. Sometimes it is scary/interesting/quick to knit from your stash.

oh yeah. big sticks.
A gorgeous handdyed yarn that has been in my stash for well over FOUR YEARS! A big huge 225 yards! I can't find the tag at the moment....oops...

seriously love this kid!
It turned into this! Seriously easy scarf that made one cutie 9-year-old quite happy! I'm a good auntie because of this sweetie! My BFF's daughter who is not camera shy!! I was working in Sacramento today and sacrificed some sleep for hanging out with three of my favorite little ones! They weren't too happy that Auntie Irishgirlie was not spending the night...but at least I got lots of hugs tonight!!

4. Have a pint to celebrate today!

5. Next up...camp homework... our color assignment is going to be filling up my blog for the next two weeks!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

27 comments:

Susie said...

What a great post. I love Karatstix stuff! And that yarn is fabulous! What a lucky girl you are today. Have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day today.

Knitting Kris said...

I like the jumbled post! Lots of pretty stuff there, and that scarf looks amazing! I love super fast projects!

Discoknits said...

Happy St Pat's Day!!!

Glad you like the Karatstix stuff - how can anyone not like her stuff, it's incredible.

Love the scarf - it matches the pinks and blue in her t-shirt perfectly :0)

Anonymous said...

loverly stuff! i think a scarf was a fabulous idea and the recipient was quite pleased with it! :-P

Jo said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Beautiful tools! I may have to jump on that bandwagon - but I don't know what decoration to ask for.

chemgrrl said...

1. Cute! And very nice yarn. Although I have to say, I think County Galway is my favorite.
2.Yay for new camera! I just, er, dropped mine yesterday. Now I need a new lens. :(
3. Totally. Cute. And that little girl is going to be a heartbreaker. Look at those eyes!
4. Damn skippy. Is 9:30 am too early for a pint?
5. Oooo, can't wait to see!

Brena said...

You have the most fun knitting tools. I love the karatstix set.

Very cool scarf, I can see why it made her so happy!

cockeyed said...

...lovely stuff! Can't believe we will be "reunited" in 2 weeks!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

All good fun in this post! What kind of camera did you get? (Forgive me if you've said before...)

Anonymous said...

You are a good auntie! She looks so happy.

I'm still working on my coffee, but I'll be having a beer tonight and offering up a toast to you! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

sgeddes said...

The tools are cool!

Happy Saint Patty's Day!

cupcakefaerie said...

Happy Irishgirlieknits day! :)

Unknown said...

Love the green and shamrocks. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

cpurl17 said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to my favorite Irish girlie!

(congrats on new camera. The other stuff has already made me GREEN with jealousy!!)

Scrabblequeen said...

Great projects, great personalized knitting set, and great colorway. By the way, Hubby Dearest's family is from County Clare, you can send that lovely up here to a good home!

Jocelyn said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! Wow, those Irish knitterly things are pretty. The mini gauge rule and needle gauge are awesome. Are they made of wood? I will have to heck out her site if she does customized sets.

weezalana said...

How fun! Great Karatstix set! And it looks like your new cam is fab!

Zonda said...

Yay for Karatstix! I love seeing how everyone customizes theirs! Pretty colorway and neat scarf. Looks great on your pretty niece!

Jadielady said...

Beautiful as always!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for reminding me...beer. now. tested decongestant properties of wine and now will test beer. wine didn't work well. still need to try white though.

neat stuff! love the knitterly things and the purdy str!!!

cna't wait to see you!!

R a i n said...

Hi there, Happy St. Patrick's day! Perfectly done set you've got there =)

Yay for the new camera too!

Rani said...

May the luck of the Irish be with you!

Lovely little treasures you've got there. And you can really show them off with that new camera.

tapmouse said...

AWESOME, Girlie! And tell me about that camera-what did you end up getting?

Love all your goodies and love your stash scarf! Gorgeous! Funny-the color reminds me a bit of BMFA's colorway, "Jilian" (a very old colorway...)

Unknown said...

Of course, an Irishgirlie needs to have an Irish-themed Karastix set. Love that Disco for filling it out!

Nice new camera!

hearthead said...

Everything is super cute! I love that STR color, beautiful! Grandma Hogan is from County Mayo! We love St. Patty's day here too!

Anonymous said...

My 6 yr old would definitely say your niece is "stylin."

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the KaratStix set. She's so awesome!

ShareThis