Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring!

We had a gorgeous couple of days this past week. On Thursday, my last meeting was on the coast and I took a few minutes to soak in the ocean air. I couldn't help but think of all the blue around me.

IMG_0113
How many shades of blue can you find?

IMG_0112_1
Puffin blue. Perfect.

IMG_0121_1

IMG_0126_1

IMG_0124_1
Wait. Where's the blue?!

Although this will end my blue series, I really have three favorite colors. The blues. The pinks and burgundies. And the autumn colors. One week until I leave for camp, so you'll be seeing a lot more color for the next week or so!

Well, except tomorrow I may post some of the achingly (is that a word?!) cute pictures of Lil' Guy that I took today! I love that kid to bits... Can you believe he is almost two!!!! He's asleep now, so I better go knit (and a shout out to all you moms today, Kudos! I'm exhausted just from six hours of non-stop two-year-old!). Oh, and I'm going to watch this...




Happy Weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! How wonderful to be enjoying such views and such nice weather!

Virtuous said...

Just lovely pictures!

Discoknits said...

Ooh, I like the flower in the last pic :0) Glad you're having a nice few days and looking forward to sock camp :0)

Anonymous said...

I hope you like that movie more than I did, lol. Still, I just *want* to like it so bad! You're pictures are beautiful. One of these days I'm going to have to make good on my threats to visit a bunch of friends I have out in CA. I haven't been further West than Vegas in what seems like eons.

Anonymous said...

Wait, I thought sky was grey. Possibly white if it's foggy.

I remember 2! So cute, so exhausting. Enjoy him.

cpurl17 said...

Lovely blues!

And I love the shot of our State Flower!

Scrabblequeen said...

Great "blue" pics. And yes please, do share the LIL guy picks soon.

Zonda said...

Just awesome pictures!!! Hehe..Auntie time is tired time huh! ;)

Rani said...

Look at all that sunshine and water. Gray gray gray - that's what I'm trying to appreciate here at home.

Can't wait to hear all about camp this year.

cupcakefaerie said...

Looks like you had a nice break from all those meetings. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your colors, and then camp!

dianne said...

Clearly you're going to get an "A" for camp homework! Beautiful pictures. Looking forward to meeting you next week in person
Woohoogirl

tapmouse said...

The water in the first pic reminds me of our My Blue Heaven! Gorgeous pics, Girlie!

weezalana said...

Gorgeous gorgeous pics! And yes, achingly is a word, can't wait to see the cutie Lil' Guy!

sgeddes said...

Have a great time at sock camp.
We'll all be blue without you! Okay, that is a bit corny - just have a great time :)

Anonymous said...

I really have no idea when you get the time to knit all of these items and take off from work and life to go to camp, all day events, etc. We all should be so lucky.

Your knitting obsession borders on pathological, if not ventures over the edge a bit. Again, we all should be so lucky to have such endless passion and committment to our hobbies.

Unknown said...

Looks like it's time to put in a troll filter, Irishgirlie.

Hope all is well with you otherwise.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. Love all the blues. What did you think of Twilight?

Unknown said...

The weather has been fantastic! So nice!

ShareThis