Friday, April 24, 2009

Can you believe...

... it has been 21 days since I last bought yarn!! No biggie for some, but for this Irishgirlie, it is progress.

... until this past Wednesday evening when I finished my Shawl that Jazz (thank you all for the love by the way!), it had been 9 days since I had last knit on a sock. No biggie for some, but for this Irishgirlie, it was weird.

So what did I do? Late Wednesday evening, I cast on a Monkey sock.

IMG_0693
Hazel Knits Artisan Sock, colorway Chuckanut Drive

IMG_0710

There wasn't a lot of progress made yesterday because this lil' guy spent the night.

IMG_0709

Can you believe how cute he is?!! And how crazy his auntie is to make him hold up the sock!

Happy Friday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

11 comments:

Susie said...

He really is adorable! And I can understand why you may get no knitting done till he leaves.

Bezzie said...

He's so big!!!

And the AAers call it "counting days." ;-)

Zonda said...

Gosh he's getting so big!! He's gonna be a heartbreaker!

That's a neat colorway so far. Glad you are getting some sock knitting done...you gotta have at least one fix right ;)

cpurl17 said...

He's too cute. I can't imagine getting much knitting done while that bundle of energy is around!

knittingknirvana said...

He is a beautiful boy!

You are brave to have him hold your knitting!!! :)

Scrabblequeen said...

I applaud your yarn restraint. I have not been practicing it very well, myself. And, what a wonderful Auntie to "let" the Lil Guy hold your sock!

Rani said...

SO cute! and i'm liking the picot edge!

knitter said...

He is a doll! And I love your picot edge! I haven't bought any yarn since Camp. I was at Joann's today and almost yielded to some Paton's Kroy that was calling me. Alas, I resisted!

tapmouse said...

Gads but he is adorable, that Little Guy! And has it REALLY been 21 days since your last yarn purchase? TRULY? Cuz I know you got some at camp and if that was the last time, well...can it really be that long ago and far away? YIKES!

kasiaiscarly said...

the colorway reminds me of moss agate :)

and boy is little guy ridiculously cute!

cupcakefaerie said...

Lil' guy looks like he'll be a natural at knitting.

Congratulations on 21 days! Here's to another successful 21!

ShareThis