Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No Joke.

Today we did this.


Squee!!!

With her. Seriously.

!!!!!

I mean, if you're going to learn to dye yarn for the first time, who else would you want to learn from?! And what other yarn would you want to use?!!

Tina just experimenting!
The above picture is Tina's yarn. Go check out CheekyAttitude's awesome pictures of the process!

The one below is my first skein of yarn that I ever dyed.

I made that!

I think I'm hooked.

Today was a good day. I'll admit, it was a freaking fabulous day!


Oh, and since tomorrow I'll still be at camp, and Lil' Guy will be celebrating his 2nd birthday...


Happy Birthday Lil' Guy!

Happy Birthday Lil' Guy!!!



Happy Camping!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

Susie said...

Happy Birthday Lil Guy! Looks like you're having a blast. Also looks like you may have a new hobby! Enjoy!

Kaye said...

Pretty cool!!!

Lil Guy isn't so lil anymore!!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Did you try and recreate that rare gem yourself? Looks great!

Discoknits said...

Is Tina out of her mind? Teaching her best customers how to dye their own?!!!!!

And look at your very own pink and brown creation - delicious :0)

Happy Birthday Lil Guy :0)

chemgrrl said...

Wow. Squee with awe. How lucky are you? Can't wait to see that yarn all dry and pretty.

Rani said...

Oh! I love the colors you chose. What a very cool sock-camp project. It's like Campfire camp when we did our tie-dye t-shirts.

Happy B-day Lil Guy.

weezalana said...

o.m.G! You got to dye STR yarn with Tina?!? Luckyluckylucky! Can't wait to see it all skeined up!

And Happy Birthday Lil Guy!

lou/happystasher said...

I'm absolutely green with envy that I'm missing how to dye yarn with Tina! I miss you guys so much! I really miss being at camp too!!

Sock Summit with be worth the sacrifice, right?

Scrabblequeen said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see YOUR yarn when it's dry and skeined up.

Cece said...

WAAAAAH! Want to be there toooooooo!

hearthead said...

Holy Crap! And you still had time to call? Still drooling....

Batty said...

Lil guy is adorable (don't tell him I said so...).

Happy Birthday, Lil Guy!

Jolynn said...

Ooh! That looks like fun! I have a couple of blank skeins, but I haven't yet had the courage/researched the technique.

cpurl17 said...

Happy Birthday to Lil Guy!

Maybe some day we'll see Irish Girl Who Rocks sock yarn?

Zonda said...

fabulous! How cool is that learning from the best :)

Dick0369 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ShareThis