Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Confession Time

26 days baby. That's right. I'm trying. But I confess, I may have had a little slip. Well, not of the yarny kind. But of the cute fabric bag kind. Piddleloop. They are my downfall. Thank goodness things sell out quickly. They had a quick update yesterday that I just happened to catch and got a little something, fortunately with destash money (doesn't totally count, right?).

But, I probably didn't need it. Considering this is the cute bag I got last time!

piddleloop goodies

I'm a sucker for the doggies (and check out those goodies!) and they were donating part of the proceeds to a local animal shelter! These ladies rock!

Second little confession. I have resisted two Plucky Knitter updates and a Mama Blue one during this yarn fast. Again, maybe not a big deal for some, but for me, yippee! But then, late last night, I clicked on the destash thread of the Plucky Knitter group on ravelry and saw someone was destashing lots and lots of pretties. I was weak. I thought, "Oh!! Its Golightly! I just love that blue! In aran cashmere!! I must have these two skeins! Can I? Can't I?"

And then I looked over to my "I want to knit soon" basket. This is what I saw...

oh...what's that!

Do you see it?

golightly!

Look closer. That pretty pretty Tiffany blue....also known as Golightly. OMG! How could I have forgotten that I already have this in my stash! And guess how many skeins I have of it...

FOUR!!!


Seriously, this yarn fast is just fine for me. An appropriate penance :)

Happy Stashbusting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

lol. That's so something I would do.

cupcakefaerie said...

hehehe...I think we've all done that in some form or another sometime.

Well...I'm thinking since it's an accessory, it doesn't count. It was a yarn fast. Is that what you wanted to hear? :)

Only 32 more days until June 1! Baby steps...

Anonymous said...

you are too kind. We are glad you love your doggie bag, and we are proud to have given the shelter 220$ that we raised from that sale! My sister and i were just talking about how good that made us feel 2 nights ago. Thank you for being a part of it!

keep the inspiring projects coming (and doggie pictures)

:)

Brena said...

Great job you're doing! I can see how that yarn would catch your eye across the room. :)

hearthead said...

I am so VERY PROUD of you! I know how difficult this is for you, you are awesome!!!! Great work, keep it up!

Unknown said...

I just find it funny that you go on a yarn fast when Lent is over. I'm on one too, but I'm also not wanting any new yarn. (Gasp!) But do I seem to be wanting a new bag instead.

Lucky you! I was considering a Piddly bag, but was good this time.

Rani said...

hah aahaaaaahhaa. That is really funny. Well, the good news is that you still really like the color! I look at some of my older stash residents and can't remember what I ever saw in some of them. . .

destashing is on my horizon.

Jadielady said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have managed not to buy any yarn for a while, but I did buy a yarn bag, some earings, stitchmarkers, keychains... you get the idea. I must stop!

Zonda said...

Cute bag! Hehe..glad you had the color all along that you wanted :)

weezalana said...

Cute bag! And is that Fun Dip? I remember that stuff! Colored sugar with a solid sugar stick. Ah, childhood... ;)

ShareThis