Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Apologies

IMG_0681
Dear LSS,

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I don't know why I left you untouched in my stash for so long.

When I brought my first skeins of you home, I declared how much I loved you! And yet, I did not knit you. But I quickly got more of you, like these two pretty skeins of Bella Coola, perfect souvenirs from a very special barn visit. And more of you just recently at camp.

IMG_0680

I don't know why I waited so long. I'll admit, I thought maybe you were just too pretty to knit. Maybe I would make that gorgeous silk all fuzzy. But that has not happened.

IMG_0679

No, instead, I've been entranced by the absolute lusciousness that you create (hey, that's probably why you are called Luscious Single Silk, huh?). The vibrant color, the perfect stitches, the fabulous pattern. All I can say is that I am sorry I have neglected you for so long.
IMG_0682

I think I have picked the perfect pattern for you. And I haven't been able to put you down since I cast on. Seriously, I haven't even touched a sock all week! That says a lot.

And I'm soooooo glad that I have more of you waiting in my stash. I will not neglect you again!

Sincerely,
Irishgirlieknits

26 comments:

JelliDonut said...

How beautiful! I can just imagine being wrapped in all that lusciousness!

Zonda said...

Hehe...Just gorgeous and you are so not helping my decision! ;)

Poor, poor socks, they've not been kicked to the curb much before huh ;)

peaknits said...

Yum! Great pattern choice for this lovely!

Bezzie said...

Holy crap--no socks? It IS love!

Jocelyn said...

LSS is underestimated in general I think. I've only ever bought one skein but it was so huge that I churned out 2 projects and gave away the rest to a friend who managed to make a generous slouchy hat.

Your shawl will look and feel amazing!

Scrabblequeen said...

What a sweet love letter. Looking forward to pictures of the two of you together, soon.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Oh! That's absolutely beautiful! And a perfect color, too. I *want* that. And I think I'll have to get some. That doesn't happen to me, the non-stasher. But I have a plan for it...

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Okay where do I get some my favorite colorway Yummmmm.((((Hugs))))Darcy

tapmouse said...

LOVE!!! It will be a gorgeous Shawl that Jazz!

Virtuous said...

The shawl looks like it is going to be awesome!!

Jeanne said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Trillian42 said...

Oh, wow. That IS gorgeous! Maybe that will have to be the fate of my LSS, too! I can only imagine how fabulous it will be to snuggle up in that...

Sam said...

Gorgeous! You know me and blue, and I like that enough that I actually want some of that colorway.

Rani said...

I think you have been forgiven. Can't wait to see what you create.

turtlegirl76 said...

I have yet to touch the LSS for myself. I am afraid what will happen when I do.

Marisol said...

Its coming along fabulous! Love all the blues in that colorway.

sgeddes said...

I love it! The colors are nice and the yarn seems to have a beautiful sheen - it must be all that wonderful silk. I can't wait to see the finished shaw.

Donna said...

Oooo that looks so pretty. I just got that pattern myself. Still searching for the right yarn... I want to use something from the stash but not sure if that will happen.

tiennie said...

I just love garter stitch! Very pretty!

Unknown said...

I am not the genius that designed the yarn or the colorway, but I feel validated that you love LSS as much as I do. Well, I am going to be snotty and say I love it more 'cause I'm 2 LSS projects ahead of you. ;) LOL!

Love your LSS Shawl that Jazz. I think I'm going to do my own version between seeing yours & Samro's.

weezalana said...

Oooo, sooooo prettty!

Knitting Kris said...

Very gorgeous shawl! I have been eyeing that pattern since the Harlot spoke about it. I love me some garter stitch sometimes!

cupcakefaerie said...

It sure is lovely! I'm wondering what you have up your sleeve next for LSS.

Jean said...

Ah young love. The yarn is really beautiful, it glistens and I can imagine it must feel wonderful to knit.

Marisol said...

You look Gorgeous Dahling!

gilraen said...

Beautiful yarn and shawl!! :) It looks so soft and cosy as well as gorgeous.

ShareThis