Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Endless Possibilities!

Maybe not endless but it sure does feel that way! You know, when you stay focused and finish up a few projects and you can cast on just about anything you have so many needles free?! Well, that's how I'm feeling today!

With Lil' Guy's birthday sweater vest done, the pressure knitting is done for awhile. Plus, right after the holidays I always have birthday knitting, Stitches projects, camp homework, the list goes on and on.

And in finishing my new super secret Cat Bordhi socks from camp last night, well, I feel like the possibilities are endless!!!

IMG_0651

IMG_0664

Socks that Rock mediumweight, colorway Rare Gems (gorgeous!!!)

I even realized that a few of my lingering UFOs, that I had absolutely no desire to knit on, were headed towards the frog pond. Yay!! That means more needles free, more yarn, and more empty project bags!!

To the frog pond...

So what shall I cast on......


Maybe Rogue Roses....

IMG_0654


Maybe something from Cookie A's new book.....

Cookie Rocks!

Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-of-a-Kind Socks (love love love this book!!! If you don't already have it, what are you waiting for!?!?!?!?)

So pretty!

I could even use one of these pretty rare gems from sock camp.

Rare Gems

Maybe I'll cast on Shawl that Jazz.....

Gorgeous. Beautiful. Casting on now..

What are you just dying to cast on??

Happy Casting On!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

19 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I'm in the same boat! Finished my Bleeding Hearts Shur'tugals, and need to start...something. Something portable and good for airplane knitting: no beads, crazy charts, new techniques that need reference books.

I think it's going to start with Kai-Mei from Cookie A's new book. Except it's going to be completely different, because that's the way I roll. A good jumping off point!

Have fun choosing!

chemgrrl said...

It looks like you already DID cast on for Shawl that Jazz. :)

(But psst...I vote for that rare gem on the left. So pretty!)

cupcakefaerie said...

Yay for all the completed knitting! I vote for the Rare Gems on the left too. I can't wait to see how that's going to knit up. As for me, I have so many things I want to cast on and seriously need to go through my queue and prioritize.

Sam said...

I bet you can guess my vote. It's looking good already!

Congrats on getting all the knitting done. I wish I could say the same.

Susie said...

I've never knit socks but you're making me get the urge to begin. I've been contemplating it for a week or so now but you're pushing me over the edge! Gorgeous stuff.

Zonda said...

Haha..you already cast on the Shawl silly girl! ;) Gah..I want to cast on for a new summer sweater, many socks, a shawl, but trying to behave and work on FLS...not fun. Gorgeous Rare Gems too.

Neuroknitter said...

Rogue Roses!!! To balance the shawl knitting!

I'd go with the Rare Gem on the right, but that's just me.

I've been dying to cast on for an aran sweater...I have lovely aran wt BFL that I purchased from the UK ready and waiting patiently. Sigh. Someday.

Scrabblequeen said...

I have socks calling my name, and a half-finished lace scarf I really want to complete...plush a cabled bag, and....LOL. Lots of stuff! However, I must first finish a baby blanket, perferably before the little one makes her grand entrance.

Kathy in San Jose said...

Love the Rogue Roses! I really want to cast on for Shawl that Jazz too, but have some other deadline knitting that's not getting done as quickly as I'd like. Have fun with whatever pretty stuff you decide to do!

turtlegirl76 said...

There's always room for a pair of socks on the needles. The shawl is going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

I have some Schaeffer Trenna in the most gorgeous blues and greens floating around. It wants to be a shawl, but it hasn't told me which one yet. I should start Rebel Roses too, but I'm not in the sock mode right now.

tiennie said...

What to do...what to do... so many choices!

susan said...

I want to cast on my Charlotte's Web from camp....and nother Shawl That Jazz....and on and on! : )

weezalana said...

I'm yearning for the new COokie A. book! I'm waiting for my birthday in June!

Now that the Tatami is in seam mode, and I have two pairs of socks going, I'm thinking maybe it's time for a shawl!

Discoknits said...

Ooh, I loved Turtlegirl's Rogue Roses and think you should make yours too - so great for spring, and just your colours ;0)

I love the colour of your shawl yarn too, yum.

Your new Cat sock is such a pretty stitch pattern.

I'm up to my eyes in house stuff, but will mail you soon. Big hugs

hearthead said...

I am dying to have enough time to Finishn a pair of socks! You are a luck girl! I vote for those excellent Cookie A. pair, LOVE THEM!

marcy said...

So, my super secret cat socks are done too. i have rogue roses cast on and slow moving on ifrst leg. my flow tank is rejuvenated mindless knitting now that i have figured out that i can count and the pattern is asssymetrical! hello. i only ripped 6 inches but it's ok. and i await my twisted bleeding heart for shawl that jazz. oh ad a scarf in silkie on the needles may be partially frogged. hmmmm. you asked! miss you!

Jean said...

The yarn featured on the Rogue Roses photo is so gorgeous! I am also looking into getting the sock book, Unfortunately Knit Picks does not have it available until late May, I will have to go on a treasure hunt to see if any of my local book stores have it. Thanks for the tip.

cockeyed said...

Seriously...your pics are fantastic! Mis being with you!

ShareThis