After such a busy, hectic work week (and the fact that it is going to be absolutely crazy busy at work for the next two weeks until school is out and things slow down a bit), boy, I'm glad it is Friday! And a 3-day weekend too!! Yippee!!!
I'm looking forward to lots of knitting this weekend! When work gets busy, the knitting takes a back seat :( For example, I thought I would finish this pair of socks two weeks ago on my trip to New Orleans. Instead, I just finished them late Wednesday night (thank goodness Lil' Snowboarder's gymnastics class forced me to be in one place for an hour with the only thing to do but knit!).
These were my "original" Slip Jig socks!
I knit the first one back in February when I was designing the socks and then they just sort of sat in their pretty project bag for awhile.
I am so absolutely pleased with how well this pattern works with the variegated colors of Socks that Rocks! I can't wait until it is released to the general public next March!
And I love love love this colorway...Dutch Canyon!
Believe it or not, with finishing this project, I don't really have any active WIPs. Plenty of UFOs. Here's what I'm thinking of knitting in the next week or soon.
1. I know I'll be starting a new design with Sock-a-licious soon (hurry, if you haven't entered, contest for free yarn runs til Sunday morning!).
2. I'd like to finish the second sock of my Courage sock. The pattern will be released to the general public in June! Yay!
3. Father's Day is coming up. You know what that means. Socks for IrishDad. It is either knit him a new pair or mend the heels of 3 or 4 pairs he needs mending (ugh. dad. stop wearing the socks absolutely everywhere including outside...but I love you...so I'll try to mend at least one pair.). I'm figuring Uncle Frank will knit up quickly.
4. Baby stuff. Lots of it. So many close friends and family are having babies! At least those will knit up quickly, right?
5. I really want to finish my Tickled Pink Blanket that Rocks.
Oh, so many knits, so little time!!
What are you guys knitting? What are you up to this weekend? Hope whatever it is, you have some knitting time worked in!